cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Go back to earlier software version

Hello all, I am having problems with boxes running the latest 7.73 software, is there any way you can go back to previous software version? I know you can factory reset it but when you turn unit back on it goes through the set up process and finds/installs latest software with no option not to? Is there a way to factory reset and then set it up without it finding and installing latest software? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No I'm afraid it's not possible to do that, as you say NOW TV will push the latest version. What issue are you having with the boxes?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not able to see film lists in certain genres like family/Disney etc, you can search manually with the search function but you can’t see the lists it just comes up with no content available message, the earlier white boxes work fine and “see” everything.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah ye, I can see you've got a separate thread about that issue. Not affecting my black box but there is a momentary pause (spinning balls) while the content screens populate, sounds like on some people's boxes it's not able to pull the catalogue for some reason. 

That will be an issue with the latest version of the NOW TV app (the white boxes have stayed on v3) but again it's not possible to rollback. What I'll do is tag a couple of the NOW TV Team on the other thread and see if it can be passed further up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s great thank you very much, does the now tv app get updated software now and again? I take it the white boxes won’t update the app? I had a black box that worked fine until recently then had the issue, I went and bought a new one which seemed ok for a day then went the same. Strange thing is the white box in say movies lists genres in alphabetical order whereas the black ones don’t??
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yep, the black boxes have been updated with a new NOW TV app over the last couple of weeks (if you open the NOW TV app and go to the My Account screen it show the version number which will begin v4). I'm pretty sure because of the age of the white box that will stay on the v3 app.

When you bought your new box it would have been on the old v3 out of the box but once connected up that would also have received the new app update within a day or two.

I think they've deliberately changed the order of genres in the new version so that the most popular genres appear first.

There have been quite a few bugs appear with the new version, hopefully now we've tagged the team members they will pass it on, but don't be surprised if it's a while before it gets sorted. However keep posting back for updates on your original thread if you see no improvement.