cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Froze on lets get started

I have just opened the box for my sons bday plugged it in and the screen is froze on lets get started i have reset box several times but still froze on same screen
1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say that you have reset the box, was that a soft reboot by powering off the box at the electrical mains or was it a factory reset by pushing a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 seconds ?

When you press the remote controller does the white light on the front of the box flash, make sure that there is no obstruction blocking the box ir receiver.

If there is no white light flashing on the box, try fresh batteries and point the remote controller close to the box and also press & hold the Home button for 10 seconds.

Also try powering down the box and TV, disconnect the HDMI cable and then reconnect the HDMI cable again before switching on the box and TV.

You could also try a forced software update (not sure if it will work at the Lets get started stage) where if you press the Home button five times, then quickly followed pressing the FF button 3 times followed by pressing the RW button 2 times which will open a secret menu screen to update the software on the box.

If all the above fails, have you got a second TV to temporary hook up the box to see if you can get past the Let's get started stage ?