cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freezing

My now TV keeps freezing and it's driving me mad. I've had the box for ages and it's only just decided to do it. It needs to be sorted immediately.
5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing you have tried the usual nowtv suggestion of rebooting the box and router ?

Which type of pass is the freezing happening on, its not the sports pass by any chance ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Might have misunderstood your post, when you say freezing, do you mean the nowtv box "locks up" and pressing the buttons on the RC have no effect ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have indeed. Nothing seems to work
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already I suggest you re-boot your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect each devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You haven't said in your last post if the freezing issues is relating to the picture and on what type of nowtv pass or if the box is locking up ?

If the picture is freezing using a sports pass, then nowtv are having technical issues with their sports broadcasts.

If you are getting lock ups on the box with no response from the remote controller, then have you tried a factory reset (not reboot) or tried a forced software update to see if there is any improvement from the nowtv box.