cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freevee

Given the news today that Neighbours is returning next year, will Freevee be added to Now? It is already available on Roku in the USA but not in the UK.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 What happens if you don't have Prime?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It won’t matter if you have prime or not. Think of Pluto and Paramount+, both owned by the same company but Pluto is totally separate from Paramount+ and doesn’t require you to have a Paramount+ subscription to watch content on Pluto.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 Sorry, my question was in reference to not having Prime if using the Prime app on Roku to watch Freevee.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ah I get you bud, my bad. Having a quick Google search indicates you don’t need Prime to watch Freevee.

https://www.nationalworld.com/culture/television/amazon-freevee-uk-what-free-streaming-service-how-watch-new-neighbours-series-tv-does-have-ads-3671364

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6 What happens if you don't have Prime?

You won't need prime @Anonymous User 

on Amazon's streaming platform. You can buy content out right to own or rent movies for a short period, independent of a prime subscription.

In this case, you won't get charged for the Freevee content, because it's funded through advertising. Also, the Amazon video app will always tell you when you're going to be charged to watch content. 

My advice would be to create an Amazon account. If you don't already have one. You can then set a payment pin for Amazon video that way if you need to enter your pin, you'll know you need to backpedal quick. I'm pretty sure you need account the app anyway. But don't quote me on that  

just make sure the parental lock is disabled so that the pin is only used for payments as it is the same pin that is used for both. See the link below.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G2NLF42JTSS9SDK3&ref_=hp_201376320_c_Set-up-a-Prime-Video-PIN-on-We

be very careful not to sign up for a free trial to Amazon prime, unless you want to of course Amazon is quite crafty in terms of how they rope people into trials.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

the thing is though dedicated Freevee app does not need to be available as it is completely accessible through prime video on both the prime video section of the Amazon UK website and in the prime video app on virtually every platform . The prime video app on  Now devices is the same as the one found on Roku devices. You will find the Freevee stuff somewhere in the prime video app.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/storefront/ref=atv_hm_hom_1_c_UlfTzc_Yi3BCW_5_2?contentType=subscription&contentId=freewithads&benefitId=freewithads 

The problem Amazon is that in my opinion, the UI isn't very user-friendly, so the section isn't very easy to find, especially on the prime video app

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.