cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forthcoming New NOWTV Box

In addition to having the Freeview option, what other new features will it have? Will it be a standalone unit, or will it plug into my existing black NOWTV Box?

Thanks

Geoff

Scarborough.

16 REPLIES 16
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher wrote:

I rarely use my old PVR these days.  I use the catch up services instead.

It's the same for me. Streaming catch-up services is where it's at now. Although the visual quality of most of the streaming services needs to improve 😉

BicBasher
Elite

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@BicBasher wrote:

I rarely use my old PVR these days.  I use the catch up services instead.

It's the same for me. Streaming catch-up services is where it's at now. Although the visual quality of most of the streaming services needs to improve 😉

I have an old DVB-T PVR which I only use now as an RF out. Between using the Amazon Fire Stick and the black NOW TV box, I'm covered.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have a smart TV with the main catch up services, but I still use a PVR for most Freeview shows since I can skip the adverts.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm very interested in the new box details would be good to get some info on this 🙂

Regards,

Robbie

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm very interested in the new box details would be good to get some info on this 🙂

It will be a few weeks before the new boxes 'release' specification is confirmed...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We use our PVR for everything on Freeview. The main reason being that it is a convenient way to track shows we are watching across all broadcasters and removes the urgency to watch things before they dissapear off of catch-up services.

If all of the major broadcasters offered 30 day catch-up AND a way to sync favourites across devices, I suspect that our viewing habits would change.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Trial is 12 weeks as per post at top. I would expect it to be launched then. Basically in time for the summer holidays.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.