Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Forthcoming New NOWTV Box

@BicBasher wrote:

I rarely use my old PVR these days.  I use the catch up services instead.

It's the same for me. Streaming catch-up services is where it's at now. Although the visual quality of most of the streaming services needs to improve πŸ˜‰

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’
Highlighted
Expert

We use our PVR for everything on Freeview. The main reason being that it is a convenient way to track shows we are watching across all broadcasters and removes the urgency to watch things before they dissapear off of catch-up services.

If all of the major broadcasters offered 30 day catch-up AND a way to sync favourites across devices, I suspect that our viewing habits would change.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Elite

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@BicBasher wrote:

I rarely use my old PVR these days.  I use the catch up services instead.

It's the same for me. Streaming catch-up services is where it's at now. Although the visual quality of most of the streaming services needs to improve πŸ˜‰

I have an old DVB-T PVR which I only use now as an RF out. Between using the Amazon Fire Stick and the black NOW TV box, I'm covered.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, Chromecast 3rd Gen wired, Samsung Galaxy A50 (Android Pie), Fire Tablet (2018 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using the Now TV Win 8.1/10 App.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have a smart TV with the main catch up services, but I still use a PVR for most Freeview shows since I can skip the adverts.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I'm very interested in the new box details would be good to get some info on this πŸ™‚

Regards,

Robbie

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Robbie-SkyHD wrote:

I'm very interested in the new box details would be good to get some info on this πŸ™‚

It will be a few weeks before the new boxes 'release' specification is confirmed...

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Trial is 12 weeks as per post at top. I would expect it to be launched then. Basically in time for the summer holidays.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...