cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Flicking screen

hello all

ive just set up the box and can access everything I need to, however the screen - my tv - is now incredibly hard to watch without a headache as it gently flickers.  It doesn't prevent the images but is very hard on the eyes and head and I have only had on for 10 minutes.  What does this indicate? Just got box and kids so excited, but will have to not use if no solution. Please help. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... What's the make and model number of your television? It might not be compatible with the NOW TV 'black' boxes '60Hz' fixed output!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh.. it's a Philips 42pfl7962d/05...?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Oh.. it's a Philips 42pfl7962d/05...?

Thanks @Anonymous User,

According to your televisions specification it's able to support the following video resolutions: -

• 480i, 60 Hz
  • 480p, 60 Hz
  • 576i, 50 Hz
  • 576p, 50 Hz
  • 720p, 50, 60 Hz
  • 1080i, 50, 60 Hz
  • 1080p, 24, 25, 30 Hz
  • 1080p, 24, 50, 60 Hz

So it should be able to function correctly with the NOW TV 'black' box!

So I'm wondering what this 'flickering' actually is!?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Really sorry to hear this.

We have had reports of this issue with some Samsung TV's

Can you have a look at this post and let me know if this is the same as is happening with you.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it does appear to be. Within five minutes you have a headache, it's a flickering. What is the solution? Thanks

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes it does appear to be. Within five minutes you have a headache, it's a flickering. What is the solution? Thanks

Indeed...

But that's the brand new NOW TV 'smart' box with Freeview tuner (and blue logos). And you have the much smaller 'black' box (and white logos).

Unless this is not actually the case?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

As @SeeMoreDigital has eluded to we have had reports of this with our Smart Box, however you have posted in the standard NOW TV Box section.

Can you just confirm what NOW TV Box you have ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's a bog standard 4200sk/uk. Cost 14.99.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It's a bog standard 4200sk/uk. Cost 14.99.

Bummer... Out of interest, do you have another TV you could try the 'black' box on?

If you still see the same issue on a different make/model of television, it could be that you're susceptible to 50/60Hz flicker!

Cheers