cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Flickering green screen

Hi all. I have a small Now TV black box. I also have a green screen which pops up intermittently for a second or two. Tried it on both live sports and also when watching catch up on entertainment channels and still there. Did a factory reset, but still there. Changed HD settings and HDMI port, and am now at a loss what else to try. Any suggestions please? Thanks 😊 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What about a different HDMI cable ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also would you have another television in the home to temporarily test the NOW box on to see if the same issue persists on a different television ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, we did try a different TV, and didn't make any difference. I wonder if the box is just too old and no longer works? Not sure what the life expectancy of them should be? Haven't bought another cable, so depending on the cost I may just go down the new box route instead. Thanks anyway.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would you have a HDMI cable on a DVD player or a games console you could temporary test the NOW box on ?

Also disconnect the HDMI cable at both ends and double check the power cable and power plug on the NOW box is fitted tightly.

It is most probably the NOW box that is the cause if the same thing is happening on two different televisions.

When you said you reset the NOW box, did you push and hold a pin in the small reset hole on the rear of the NOW box for about 30 seconds whilst the box is powered on to carry out a full factory reset on the box ?