cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Feedback on NowTV software

Is there a way to feedback how horrid the new software is? 

Can't find anything on the box now, thankfully I have a second box which is yet to update. 

Once it updates that it, bye NowTV.

13 REPLIES 13
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User the new layout is virtually the same as the previous one. The only major difference is that you land into Now TV instead of clicking on the app tile.

If you want to access the old style menu, press the back arrow.

"Can't find anything"

So what are you looking for?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976  thanks for coming back to me. 

What I am trying to do is anything, seem (like many) to have lost the ability to find the programmes which I had been watching before and find anything to watch without needing to go through 7 or 8 layers of needless menus. 

I myself have accessibility issues and found the interface very good compared to other systems, NowTV has now taken a huge step backwards in the support of people in general let alone people who do already find it hard to navigate systems. 

I have been very happy to recommend NowTV to people, this and my relationship with NowTV will come to an end very, very soon. 

My question is as with many others, How do I feed this information back to someone at NowTV so that they might respect their customers and pay attention to there feedback? 

I do note that my question is now 7 or 8 pages back many of though which followed mine are moaning about the new software. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 wrote:

If you want to access the old style menu, press the back arrow.

Yes you can but only once the home screen has fully loaded. The home screen is currently taking around 12-16 seconds to load (sometimes longer). Loading the home screen content has always taken some time to load but before the update we had the menu we could use to navigate to "My Apps" if we wanted to open up Netflix, iPlayer, etc.

Pressing the back button while the home screen is loading will take you back somewhere. If you'd navigated to "My Apps", loaded Netflix then hit the home button then pressing the back button while the home screen is loading will take you back to "My Apps".

The Now TV app has disappeared from "My Apps". If you do prefer the app then you can open it up via the App Store.

I've never been a fan of the home screen, if I wanted Now TV I'd hit the "Now TV" button on the remote. If I wanted something else, I'd navigate to "My Apps" while the home screen was still loading.

I dug out an old "white" Now TV remote that has the "Apps" button instead of the "Sky Store" button (bottom right). Hitting the "Apps" button takes me to the "App Store". Problem solved - I'll just hit the "Apps" button instead of the "Home" button from now on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is simply not true

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This new version of now TV is utter shambles, stick with what it was and improve it. Getting to the normal menu of the new version on the app is ridiculous, yes improve the interface but by God, do not keep it as what it is. It's makes it difficult to use for no reason whatsoever.

Having recommended now TV to all of the family ( mainly the parents and grandparents) they are going to hate it and likely cancel subscription because it's not simple to use or navigate.

They will lose a lot of they continue down this retched path.

I have tried resetting it and tried updating it because I thought it was broken.

Rant over.

Nowtv fix it 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

A look around here, Twitter and Facebook shows there is very little negative feedback for the new layout, which like I said, is very similar to the previous one. Using the back button to access the main menu is the same as before so I can't see how that is a problem.

Continue Watching and Watchlist (it used to be called My TV) are on the main landing screen so all the content you've accessed before or added is there. You can scroll down this screen in the same way as before to see all the NowTV subsections with your account info and settings at the bottom.

IMG_20200820_091911__01__01.jpg

When entering Entertainment or Movies on the old UI you would have had a list of options on the left. Well, that list is still there with each option on a tile. You can scroll down the tiles and then across to view the shows in that section in exactly the same way you could before.

IMG_20200820_092015__01__01.jpg

While you are welcome to disagree, I find the new layout much easier to use. Change is part and parcel of technology. Android/iOS change every year, computer OS every few years, Prime Video changed last year. Nothing I use now is what it was a few years ago.

If you want to give feedback, you can email customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces).

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 wrote:

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

A look around here, Twitter and Facebook shows there is very little negative feedback for the new layout, which like I said, is very similar to the previous one. Using the back button to access the main menu is the same as before so I can't see how that is a problem.

Continue Watching and Watchlist (it used to be called My TV) are on the main landing screen so all the content you've accessed before or added is there. You can scroll down this screen in the same way as before to see all the NowTV subsections with your account info and settings at the bottom.

When entering Entertainment or Movies on the old UI you would have had a list of options on the left. Well, that list is still there with each option on a tile. You can scroll down the tiles and then across to view the shows in that section in exactly the same way you could before.

While you are welcome to disagree, I find the new layout much easier to use. Change is part and parcel of technology. Android/iOS change every year, computer OS every few years, Prime Video changed last year. Nothing I use now is what it was a few years ago.

If you want to give feedback, you can email customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces).

I agree with a lot of what @Saint1976 , has said, I think one of the main things that now TV used to do is to put a message on the home screen telling you, that if you wish to access the old-style menu. Although to be honest, if you used to use now TV a lot when the slightly older style home screen was around then this isn't really any different. 

Just press the back button in terms of finding things, finding stuff is very easy because now TV is integrated with the traditional Roku style search. So if you press the back button and then goes to search. You can find virtually everything in the now TV library quickly and easily.and if you have one of the voice search enabled devices. It's even quicker. You can also very quickly get to search, the TV Guide or the home screen by using the search and options menu. This is accessed by pressing the * button on the remote. Continue watching and watchlist can be quickly accessed by pressing the my TV button on the remote.  

Many of the bugs that used to hang around at the old software have also been fixed. For example the now TV payback UI will now follow the 'captions always on' setting. So if this is enabled and subtitles are available for the content you're watching subtitles will always be switched on automatically as soon as you start watching you no longer have to switch them on manually. 

Now TV could perhaps speed up navigation a bit by changing the position of some of the tiles within the pas sections, especially for entertainment and cinema. I think the genre/channel tiles should be to towards the top of the screen rather than the bottom. This would help speed up overall navigation quite a bit.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You mean to say that the change was intentional?

I rebooted my box twice because I assumed that something was hanging. No interface should be so poor and things this difficult to do.

I wanted to go to the next episode of what I was watching since it was stuck in the one we had already seen. Before the back button at the end would do it. Now I ended up opening the app on a phone, going to the next episode and reloading the box again. It is awful!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's awful and I'm seeing a lot of people saying the same thing. I've already cancelled my subscription so I will not be renewing. Of all streaming services this has always been the most user friendly and intuitive. This update is just aggravating and there are way too many glitches. Poorly designed and rolled out at entirely the wrong time. I will not be returning.