cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fast forwarding a programme

Can anyone please tell me why....oh why oh why do we have to suffer so many adverts on the itv hub app on now tv ?? You find the program you want to watch (that you've seen half of) you watch about 6 adverts, the program starts, you fast forward a bit to where you think you need to stop, press the play button and BOOM! About another 10 adverts! Program starts only to find you need to skip ahead a bit more because you've seen this bit, but you can't be bothered as you know as soon as you fast forward again and press play you've got to suffer another 20 million adverts! By this time you've  forgotten what the programme you want to watch is all about!!!

😡😡😡😡

7 REPLIES 7
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Simple really, ITV have a subscription based ad-free version of the ITV hub. This is the version they would prefer you to use. Whether or not it is available on the Roku/Now TV platform, I’ve no idea. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User ITVHub+ (the subscription ad-free version) isn't available on the NOW TV box yet so we do have to put up with ads, however I agree the ITV Hub is my least favourite app on the box, infrequently updated, poorly designed and still temperamental. 

However it should remember where you are up to if you leave an episode part way and come back to it, so you don't have to mess around searching for where you were up to. Just remember to back out of the stream using the back button on the remote before you leave the app o give it chance to register your position. You'll still be shown a set of ads when you come back to it but it should at least start from the right place.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb

Hey Booty

Have you emailed ITV about your query, and if not then why not?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Because Mark, I'm never sure who's fault it is! Couldn't you of just said to me "you need to email itv about it as it's their problem"???? Instead of treating me like a child and asking "if not, why not!!" 

Thanks for your help!

im exasperated enough with the problems with the now tv box and the players, I was just letting off steam and asking if anyone else had the same problem. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry mark, that was meant to ukbobby!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb @Andy

Well Booty

My reply to you has vanished without a trace, as if it was deleted by a moderator.  It was there when I posted it and now it's gone.

Maybe someone thought I was being overly critical, although I don't think I was because all I did was back up the reason for my posting. 

Never mind, and now moving on.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get yourself one of these https://stopads.co.uk. Stop's catch-up TV ads and ads in general on the web.