cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redders1974
Mentor

Ethernet

Hi all just a quick question is the now tv black box faster with ethernet than the now tv stick on wifi ? Ive got a stick at the mo its abit slow 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Redders1974 

If navigating the NOW UI and opening NOW content then I doubt an Ethernet connection will help much.

I use Ethernet on my NOW box and it only really helps with regards to a stable internet connection and useful if the streaming device is in a room with a poor wifi signal.

If you are looking at a snappy device using the NOW user Interface then my Amazon 4K Fire Stick flies around the NOW App UI.

You could consider a Amazon 4K Stick or 4K Max with an Ethernet adapter.

The one downside with my Amazon 4K Fire Stick is that it takes around 20 seconds to ramp up to full PQ with NOW Boost and is a bit of a pain when live NOW channel hopping, where my NOW box, NOW Stick and Roku Stick doesn't need the 20 second time frame to ramp up to full PQ when watching NOW.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Redders1974 

If navigating the NOW UI and opening NOW content then I doubt an Ethernet connection will help much.

I use Ethernet on my NOW box and it only really helps with regards to a stable internet connection and useful if the streaming device is in a room with a poor wifi signal.

If you are looking at a snappy device using the NOW user Interface then my Amazon 4K Fire Stick flies around the NOW App UI.

You could consider a Amazon 4K Stick or 4K Max with an Ethernet adapter.

The one downside with my Amazon 4K Fire Stick is that it takes around 20 seconds to ramp up to full PQ with NOW Boost and is a bit of a pain when live NOW channel hopping, where my NOW box, NOW Stick and Roku Stick doesn't need the 20 second time frame to ramp up to full PQ when watching NOW.

Redders1974
Mentor

Thank you 

Redders1974
Mentor

Update : ive got a 4k max for xmas lol its loads faster and ur right abt the slight delay in pq but its not a prob do u think ill b better with ethernet  although i have 500gb wifi 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Redders1974 

Nothing wrong with getting the Ethernet adapter for the fire stick. Despite having 300mb BT broadband I too have my fire sticks connected via Ethernet.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Redders1974
Mentor

Thank you