cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ethernet

Hi,

I am looking to use my black box now tv broadband router to set up an Ethernet internet connection  without using wi-fi. Does anybody know how to go about setting this up ? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you looking to switch off the wifi totally from your NowTV Hub Router or just looking to hook up an Ethernet cable between the Hub Router and your nowtv streaming box and still use the wifi from the Router for other devices like your smartphone, tablet etc ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you looking to switch off the wifi totally from your NowTV Hub Router or just looking to hook up an Ethernet cable between the Hub Router and your nowtv streaming box and still use the wifi from the Router for other devices like your smartphone, tablet etc ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply 🙂

I am looking to turn off the Wi-Fi completely on my router 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if the suggestions on this linked thread below works for disabling the wifi on your NowTV Hub Router.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/How-to-disable-wireless-on-NowTV-Hub-Two/m-p/505136

If you get stuck and need to put the Router back to its original default setting, then hold the reset button on the back of the NowTV  Router for about 15 seconds.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I don’t understand why you want to turn the WiFi off?

Ethernet versus WiFi in your home isn’t an either/or thing; if you wire your black box to the Hub, and set that to use the Ethernet, you achieve your aim, while still having WiFi for - say - your mobile phone while at home.

You don’t want to see your mobile bill skyrocket!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hey Roy

You know, while reading your question to @Anonymous User  it occurred to me that I have up to 13 devices connected to my router via wi-fi but only have three via Ethernet.

I don't believe my usage is anyway out of the ordinary especially as wi-fi usage has now become as crucial as electricity or gas in the home.  And so, like you, do not understand why anyone would want to switch off their wi-fi.

However, I guess we could speculate from now until the cows come home, unless @Anonymous User would like to enlighten us.

UK Bob