cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error messages

I have the Now TV app on my LG TV and it has worked reasonably well except for the occasional blurring at times. After a while, I connected my Now TV Black box and had much better reception and no blurring of the picture, at least for a short period. But for some reason, I am now getting an error message much as some others have described. I have been through all the usual checks, reset everything, turned everything off and turned it on again and yet it happened again, twice!!

My internet connection is excellent and all my TV connections are okay. I have turned my router off and been through the whole rigmarole necessary but to no avail. Getting annoyed, getting frustrated. Until recently everything was fine, and I have not done anything different to cause this problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User and the error message is.....?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been annoyed over the last good few weeks as my black box goes to... sorry there was an error in the player...notice ,each time I watch the sports channe. like others , reset box blah blah blah, but no good.... finally today went out and bought a new smart stick device and so far all is well...I don't think the black boxes are fully updating themselves when they say they are up to date on their software.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My gut feeling is Now TV are slowly discontinuing its older devices. Much like the white box, I feel the black box is next followed by the smart box. 

What Now TV should focus on is the app itself rather than releasing new devices every so often. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doing away with actual devices makes sense I suppose...no more black boxes or smart devices to manufacture ,so access through apps . Saving them money ... Maybe they'll spend it on actual people to talk to other than the frustration of  ONLINE CHAT 🙄