cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just before Christmas I bought a NowTV box and have been unable to get it working. It gets to the point where it connects to my wifi but fails to connect to my local network. Ive had a couple of emails from the helpdesk at Nowtv ( ref. no. 01088600 ) and have tried the suggestions that they made. These were changing the wireless channel to either 1, 6 or 11 ( tried all three ), changing the security setting to WPA2, going onto the secret menu and disabling network pings and restarting my router and the black NowTV box. Anyone out there have anymore ideas ? Thanks for any help. Mark

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just before Christmas I bought a NowTV box and have been unable to get it working. It gets to the point where it connects to my wifi but fails to connect to my local network. Ive had a couple of emails from the helpdesk at Nowtv ( ref. no. 01088600 ) and have tried the suggestions that they made. These were changing the wireless channel to either 1, 6 or 11 ( tried all three ), changing the security setting to WPA2, going onto the secret menu and disabling network pings and restarting my router and the black NowTV box. Anyone out there have anymore ideas ? Thanks for any help. Mark

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does your router support both 2.4 gig and 5 gig Wi-Fi? If it does, it will usually have 2 SSIDs. Both of these can't usually have the same name. If they do it will sometimes confuse equipment which tries to interact with your network. Login to your router settings and make sure that the SSIDs don't have the same name. If they do change one of them so that they are different to each other.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there

I am also having the same problem, it connects to my wi-fi, but cannot connect to my network, have tried both wi-fi and wired connections but nothing is working. Not very tech savvy I'm afraid, have contacted my service provider and they were next to useless lol. If I dont solve this issue in the next few days I will be returning my box and getting a refund. Please Please help?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi there

I am also having the same problem, it connects to my wi-fi, but cannot connect to my network, have tried both wi-fi and wired connections but nothing is working. Not very tech savvy I'm afraid, have contacted my service provider and they were next to useless lol. If I dont solve this issue in the next few days I will be returning my box and getting a refund. Please Please help?

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried the steps listed in this topic? As well as my post above @Anonymous User also lists some of the troubleshooting steps above as well, such as changing the Wi-Fi channel. Note most of these troubleshooting steps require you to have access to your routers settings.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi there

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried the steps listed in this topic? As well as my post above @Anonymous User also lists some of the troubleshooting steps above as well, such as changing the Wi-Fi channel. Note most of these troubleshooting steps require you to have access to your routers settings.

sorry @Anonymous User . I remembered that there weren't any instructions for disabling network pings. In this topic, which is one of the main troubleshooting steps you could try

The first thing that you to try would be disabling network pings on the nowTV box I'm assuming your box isn't fully set up yet?

When you get to the network setup screen. please enter the following sequence of keys in fairly quick succession

Home (5x)

FF

play
RR
Play
FF

Once you've done this after a second or two secret screen will pop-up. Select disable network pings and press okay then press back to return to the network setup screen and try to connect to your Wi-Fi. Alternatively, if possible, as it's a black box you could try using a wired connection assuming your router is close enough

Let me know how you get on

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI i had the samr problems and the fix is to enable pings. This for a black box and also have pc on to find your box in wi fi network.

Oracleant

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, I'm so happy my error and a solutions was available . That's the first time that's ever happened .
Thumbs up from me 😀👍🏻
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I have read through and tried the solution to this error 013 but no matter how fast we try the system fails to carry on passed the first fast forward button and just keeps connecting. We can connect easily enough through a tablet but not through the NowTV box either wireleessly or ethernet cable. Please help before it launches down the garden lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User ignore what's going on with the screen and just press the buttons in that order. You should be able to do them at the speed you'd say each word. 

Once all the button presses have been made you'll get the hidden menh screen appear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got it thanks, finally sorted eventually after a box update and a few other glitches