cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Sorry we arnt having much luck im afraid, when i highlight 'disable network pings what do i do cause if i press ok whilst on that it changes to 'enable network pings' or if i arrow down to 'ok' and press ok on remote it does nothing!!

I am also stuck in this screen now, i have tried the arrow back button and like i say nothing happens.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help someone please my daughter is moaning as wants to watch now tv on her new tv.  Why is everything so complicated?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for your post.

I have emailed you directly about this

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help - I'm having the same problem (can't connect to local network)!

Rick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're unable to connect to your local network. Can you try a hard reset on the box please and or try a reboot of the router. 

If this fails can you let us know who your ISP is? Can you try repositioning the router and make it closer to the box, also try having no devices using the wi-fi when trying to connect to the network. Let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your an absolute star, worked 1st time :0)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have the same problem that Kelly does. The box has been working perfectly till 1 day ago. Now it doesn't even detect my network. I've tried to disable pings, reset box, disconnected router and box and connected again... it doesn't detect network, detects ethernet but cannot connect to LAN. Don't know what else to do

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having issues with your NOW TV Box.

Would it be possible to create a WI-FI network from your mobile phone and see if your NOW TV Box detects this and connects ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This helped me, i bought a new black box and it just wouldnt connect even though everything else did. Doing this wee sequence fixed it. Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i am trying to set up my parents black now tv box and it is not picking up wifi (virgin) or ethernet just keeps saying error 013? I have disabled pings and rebooted both now box and internet box and moved them close together yet it is still not connecting? When installing my own now box once i had done these things it worked right away but it is not doing so for my parents? Help asap please