cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I just wanted to mitigate the 2 hours of circling round with a frozen now box so will write it off as unlucky and try again this evening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That worked this time - must have been faulty box
Used the enable pings workaround
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I brought one of the black box's and it won't work everything is connected to everything it should be I've done the reset several times and still nothing
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User there is no phone number for Now TV services. What exactly is happening when you try to log in to the Now app.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have now managed to connect  to local network , why they do not state in the instructions  how to is behond me

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It might help if you could please confirm the make an model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
After 6 hrs of pain and madness I have now got it to work perhaps you should update al new customers with the better instructions ie how to update the box when they take delivery
Anonymous User
Not applicable
After 6 hrs of pain and madness I have now got it to work perhaps you should update al new customers with the better instructions ie how to update the box when they take delivery
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Nice to hear you've got your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet Smiley Happy

As mentioned previously... Which type of NOW TV box do you actually have. And how is it connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

black box ethernet virgin broadband