cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have the same problem and gave tried the home x 5 etc etc but nothing happens.  I was wondering what screen I should be on before I start pressing the buttons.

Thanks

Sonia 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

It doesn't really matter, but do it when you get the error message appearing on screen.

The trick is to press the buttons on the remote as quickly as you can

HOME button 5 times then
FF then PLAY then REW then PLAY then FF

Ignore the sounds and movements on the screen as they can be distracting (different menus and selections will appear on the screen while you press the remote keys) just concentrate on pressing the keys on the remote in the right order as quickly as you can. After a moment you will see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen (if it doesn't appear after a moment or two, try again)

Then follow the steps above.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Have you been able to try the handy steps given by @Andy?

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, that worked

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another one using Virgin with same 013 issue tring to connect with wired ethernet. I have tried the disable network ping and system reboot. What next?

I've tried wifi but get 014 error

Connecting using ethernet is preference

Are these boxes not compatible with Virgin?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User they are compatible with Virgin. I have Virgin and have both a black box and a smart box. Black box is connected via Ethernet, the smart box via WiFi. I would try a reset, put pin in hole until get chattering teeth. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wonderful, it worked. Thank you so much 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anyone help

I have a new black box to replace my old white one

The problem is that it wil not connect to local network

tried the disable pings

tried resetting everything

from my router to wifi connection

I'm using a devolo wifi unit as my virgin box is old and is internet connection by ethenet

i have tried wifi via devolo and pluging a ethernet cable

straight into the box but wont connect to local network

please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

The Devolo may be the at the heart of the issue.

Can you try connecting stright to your router to see if the NOW TV Box will then connect?

PLease let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box won't connect anymore. It worked at first, but now I don't get anything.

I've tried using different HDMI ports on my TV. I've tried switching the router off and on, the Now TV box off and on, and resetting the box. Nothing has worked.