cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for getting back to me.
I'm trying to connect either way but both only going past the first green tick. Then when it comes to your local network it gives a red cross then shows error013?

Pings are disabled and like I said iv rebooted both boxes. Iv brought my own now box down to my parents house and that is working fine?? Could it be a fault with the box itself?

##- Please type your reply above this line -

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi, 

Could you please let us know the Internet provider at your end? If there is any possibility of you having a 3g/ 4g connection, please let us know and we can try using mobile hotspot option.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV,

not much the now, but mess about for over a hour, first golden goal, purchased NOW TV box with 4 months cinema pass, got the box with the code, signed up, code that comes with the box, not recoginsed, first alarm bell, ok, gave my debt card detials, ok lets move on, plug the box in and Search wifi connections, hey ho, there is mine, use my password, off it goes, comes to local network, and a big red cross, hmmm, then I try with a ethernet cable connection, same thing, not looking good , something is very seriously wrong here, at the minute feel proper ripped off, oh and I've seen on this forum, asking about ISP, mine is virgin media 200 MBS, so what is going on, how in goes earth do i get this thing to connect with my wifi?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Oh dear sounds like you're having fun!  Your best bet is to try disabling network pings.  You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Hope this helps

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Oh dear sounds like you're having fun!  Your best bet is to try disabling network pings.  You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

Hope this helps

@Anonymous User Have you tried these steps at all? This should work for you as i am assume that your problem is to do with the Virgin Super Hub too.

These steps should sort the problem out for you 🙂

Thanks

Tony

NOW TV TEAM

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I believe you've since been in touch with us via live chat.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch 🙂

Thanks

Rob
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased the Now TV Box, attempting to setup. Wired emits the Can't connect to local network. Wireless, connects to the wireless (green tick), then attempt to connect to local network (step 2) and fails (why) and emits the same code 013.  Any help (should I return the BOX to argos and forget about the whole thing)? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The network provider is Virgin Media. (Now TV BOX, error code 013).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my interent will not connect at all.  I have tried - Home x5 etc but it only brings up a screen purple at top saying platform secret screen and bottom right - system reboot, disable network pings and wifi secret screen .  when clicked on any of these it does nothing.

Help please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User when in that screen highlight Disable Network Pings and press the OK button