cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

l have just gotten a Now Tv Black box.

l connected as advised on the brochure but the LG Tv is showing "No Signal".

Can anyone assist me please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  What ISP are you with?  Try turning both your Tv & box off at the mains for 20s or so & then on again.  This can often fix a lot of connection probelms.  If you're with Virgin, disable pings and set gust account to 2.4Ghz.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. Tv now working.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Tunde1 wrote:
Thanks. Tv now working.

Nice one... What did you do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

The problem is still not solved after switching from the mains for about 30sec.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hmmm...

'No signal' on an LG television usually means it's not receiving a 'video' signal. Even if the Now TV box does not have an internet connection it should output a viable video signal...

Out of interest, what model number of LG television do you have?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I see many posts around the net about having issues connecting to the wireless network with the now tv box. But struggling to find any about not being able to connect to a wired network. I can connect to the wireless with no problems at all but the signal isnt very strong so quality suffers (virgin routers are garbage). But when i try to connect vie ethernet cable it fail to connect. Can anyone advise on this problem or direct me to posts about this issue. 

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User error 013? You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I have just bought this and was having the same trouble so i would like to say thanks for the advice and am now connected 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 3 white boxes set up, have gone to connect a fourth (a black one) and am having problems.

Previously I have gone to the Paltform Secret Screen and clicked on the Disable network pings and all good.

This time I only get 1 green bar and 3 options. I can't navigate the screen. I've even tried a white remote on this black box.