cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My box won't connect anymore. It worked at first, but now I don't get anything.

I've tried using different HDMI ports on my TV. I've tried switching the router off and on, the Now TV box off and on, and resetting the box. Nothing has worked.

As it sounds like you've carried out all the reasonable checks to get your box working again, to no avail. I suggest you return it to your place of purchase.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

By not connecting, do you mean not connecting to your Wireless or not getting a picture on the TV screen?

Have you unplugged the Box and plugged it back in, making sure all cables are firmly in place? 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My TV is showing a blank screen with the words "No signal" as if it doesn't recognize the box anymore. I have tried unplugging and plugging the leads, resetting the box and router, and changing the batteries in the remote, but nothing seems to work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User no signal is your TV saying it's not seeing the box, do the lights flash on the front when you press the remote? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The light stays white all the time and does not flash when I press the remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

When light doesn't flash it normally indicates a remote problem ( in my experience}

Try twiddling batteries and make sure line of sight is clear.

If you have Android smart phone try installing Roku app which works really well

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. I've tried fiddling with the batteries and changing them but it doesn't help. I tried 3 different Roku remote apps but they could not find any device. Maybe the remote control itself is faulty. I don't know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Very unusual for Android Roku remote app not to work.

It works with my RokuLT, NowTV black box and HDMI Streaming Stick which requires normal remote to be paired as behind TV.

Is problem actually the box if not being detected. Possibly try reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I ended up getting the Now TV box replaced. Works fine now. Hopefully it will last.

Thanks for all your help.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Nice one Smiley Wink