cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kellyjdack
Advocate

Error code 013, can't connect to local network

We loved our first Now TV box so we bought another one for the bedroom and I now have my own Now TV account.

The first (black) box is working fine downstairs but the other one will not connect to our network despite having an Ethernet cable plugged in, we receive an error code 013.

The box acknowledges the Ethernet cable being plugged in but fails to connect to our local network.  When I tried to connect via WiFi we receive an error code 014 and a similar reason i.e: can't connect to local network.

Is this an issue because we have two Now TV boxes in the same property?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided.  We've tried a hard and soft reset of the box to no avail.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Error code 013, can't connect to local network

@kellyjdack you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?

View solution in original post

109 Replies
Highlighted
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@kellyjdack you should be fine with two boxes, have you tried disabling pings on the box? 

You'll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home. (x5)
Fast Forward.
Play.
Rewind.
Play.
Fast Forward.

If the above is done correctly, you'll see a new screen pop up called Platform Secret Screen which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select Disable Network Pings from the list of available options.

Once you've done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.

View solution in original post

kellyjdack
Advocate

Wonderful, it worked. Thank you so much 🙂
Dave16
Advocate

New box not connecting

Hi Anyone help

I have a new black box to replace my old white one

The problem is that it wil not connect to local network

tried the disable pings

tried resetting everything

from my router to wifi connection

I'm using a devolo wifi unit as my virgin box is old and is internet connection by ethenet

i have tried wifi via devolo and pluging a ethernet cable

straight into the box but wont connect to local network

please help

0 Thanks
Rich-L
Elite 2

Re: New box not connecting

Hi @Dave16,

Sorry to hear this.

The Devolo may be the at the heart of the issue.

Can you try connecting stright to your router to see if the NOW TV Box will then connect?

PLease let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
ColumL
Mentor

My box won't connect anymore. It worked at first, but now I don't get anything.

I've tried using different HDMI ports on my TV. I've tried switching the router off and on, the Now TV box off and on, and resetting the box. Nothing has worked.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@ColumL wrote:

My box won't connect anymore. It worked at first, but now I don't get anything.

I've tried using different HDMI ports on my TV. I've tried switching the router off and on, the Now TV box off and on, and resetting the box. Nothing has worked.

As it sounds like you've carried out all the reasonable checks to get your box working again, to no avail. I suggest you return it to your place of purchase.

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @ColumL

Thanks for your post.

By not connecting, do you mean not connecting to your Wireless or not getting a picture on the TV screen?

Have you unplugged the Box and plugged it back in, making sure all cables are firmly in place? 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
ColumL
Mentor

My TV is showing a blank screen with the words "No signal" as if it doesn't recognize the box anymore. I have tried unplugging and plugging the leads, resetting the box and router, and changing the batteries in the remote, but nothing seems to work.

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@ColumL no signal is your TV saying it's not seeing the box, do the lights flash on the front when you press the remote? 

-----
0 Thanks