cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 006 "The software update failed because the verification failed.

I am unable to do a software update.  It was set to auto-update but realised that it had not update for almost 6 months even though there were newer updates available.  I started the update, it downloaded and reached 100% then came up with...

"error code 006 :"The software update failed because the verification failed."

So I thought I'd do a factory reset and try again.  BIG mistake!  I'm going through the startup process, connecting to the internet through my home wi-fi, but the very next thing it tries to do after connecting is do a software update.  The error 006 appears again.  Only this time, it won't get past that stage until it reckons the software update is done.   So now I can't watch anything!

Already tried doing the online help chat thing, but got nowhere fast.  Does anyone know what it is trying to verify at this stage?  I logged into the NowTV web site and noticed there is now nothing in my "My Devices" list, and there isn't going to be any time soon until this box gets past the software update stage and boots up properly to the main screen.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

...and finally I've solved it.  Some months ago, I set up some internet site blocks directly on my router (to stop the children accessing those individual sites from ANY device in ther house).  This automatically enabled something called "Web Browsing Interception" on my router.  By setting this to "disabled" I finally updated my NowTV/Roku box.  Not sure exactly how this was blocking the Roku update, even though I had not set the Roku web site to be blocked.  Weird, but it works.  This would explain why my box has not been auto-updating in the last 6 months.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

IMG_20180608_134147.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...and finally I've solved it.  Some months ago, I set up some internet site blocks directly on my router (to stop the children accessing those individual sites from ANY device in ther house).  This automatically enabled something called "Web Browsing Interception" on my router.  By setting this to "disabled" I finally updated my NowTV/Roku box.  Not sure exactly how this was blocking the Roku update, even though I had not set the Roku web site to be blocked.  Weird, but it works.  This would explain why my box has not been auto-updating in the last 6 months.

Good luck!