cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 018

My electric run out when I put more on my now tv box won’t connect keeps saying error 018 speed slow did checks not getting internet connections. Anyone having this problem or know how to fix

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you done the basic stuff like temporary unplug the power to both your Router and NOW Box for about 2 minutes.

Have you gone into the NOW box settings under Network , new Wireless connection to see if you can select the wifi network from your Router once the Router has fully booted up again ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hun yes I have done all this when I try set up new connection it does checks says connected for couple of seconds then changes to not connected. Comes up saying internet download speed is poor error 018.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would you have a smartphone with mobile internet on it and if so temporary using the phone has a wifi hotspot to see if it will connect to the NOW box.

Have you tried a full factory reset of your Router or try a different wifi channel or if your Router is dual band try both 2.4ghz & 5ghz networks ?

If not use Google to find out to do it with your Router and ISP.

Can you test the NOW box over hard wired Ethernet with your Router if practically possible in your Home environment setup.

Maybe type Error code 018 in the Community search box for any hit results that may help fixing it.