cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 009

Black NOW TV box connected via Ethernet / Powerline adapter to router. Had to factory default box, began to setup Wired connection, Internet unavailable (Error 009). Disconnected Ethernet cable, attempted to setup wireless connection, same result (Error 009).

Connected 2nd  unused Black NOW TV box via Ethernet cable, connected to Internet OK, box processes updates, result Error 009.

White NOW TV box connects via wireless OK.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Use the hidden menu reset process detailed at https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-tv-box/td-p/488878# and if that doesn't work use a pin to reset it using the RESET button hole on the back of the box.

This should update the box to the latest software (takes a long time like up to an hour) and overcome the can't connect to internet through a mobile phone wifi hotspot problem.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv box won't connect to the Internet even though connection is fine. I've reset the box bout just keep getting error 'can't connect to the Internet' with the error code 009.

ive had the box a couple of months and it has occasionally shown this error, but it usually reconnects after a couple of attempts, but now it doesn't connect at all.

can anyone help?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting in touch @Anonymous User. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your NOW TV Box and trying to connect to the Internet. 

Are you able to let me know if you can try to connect via Ethernet cable? 

If not, can you please try factory resetting your NOW TV Box and then try turning your router on and off again? 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My nowtv box has been fine for a year but I'm getting error message 009 too.

I've gone through all the processes listed on three occasions: resetting nowtv box, rebooting router etc - my nowtv box

will connect to wireless network,

will connect to local network,

will NOT connect to internet.

Internet is working (I'm using it here). How can this be resolved?

Having just upgraded to another package this is rather irritating and now wasteful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced with your NOW TV Box.

Do you have an Airport Express or wifi extender connected to your network? If so, please try disabling it and see if that helps.

Also, please ensure your router is on a channel between 1-6 and on 2.4ghz not 5ghz.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting the exact same problem. It CANNOT be a problem with the WiFi, since the nowtv box connects and can access the local network. If there was an issue with WiFi this would not happen.

Since other devices use the same WiFi access point and they CAN access the internet, there is obviously a fault with the nowtv box.

I, like many others, have tried a factory reset and a reboot which hasnt helped.

This is a serious issue which needs to be fixed either by a firmware update or physical replacement of the box itself.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

It could still be an issue between the box and the router when it's trying to access NOW TV. Regarding the router channels have you checked @Anonymous User 's post above?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply. Yes I checked wifi channels and everything many
times.

Please tell me how, if the box connects to the local network ok, it could
be a problem with Wifi channels stopping it from connecting to the
internet? Surely a Wifi channel issue would mean it doesnt connect at all?

I have found a way to fix it... having already tried doing a reset and a
factory reset the normal way with no results, I went into the "Secret
Screen" (Hx5, FFx3, RWx2) and did another factory reset from there and that
fixed it.

Its a firmware issue that needs fixing...
Anonymous User
Not applicable
  1. I resently purchased nowtv, need advise on what to do. the original recommended setup was to connect a router to the airport extreme but that dose not work messes up everything else, so I have connected it to the open port in the Zyxel splitter. With this setup  I am able to open NowTV on the HDMi port and scroll and run startup and sellect programes to watch etc but that is where it stops. once I type in The name and password it says incorrect password.   rg Ken
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you let us know who your internet provider is please ?

Would you also be able to confirm that you are within the UK and are not running any VPN's on your network ?

Thanks

Andy