cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 009

Black NOW TV box connected via Ethernet / Powerline adapter to router. Had to factory default box, began to setup Wired connection, Internet unavailable (Error 009). Disconnected Ethernet cable, attempted to setup wireless connection, same result (Error 009).

Connected 2nd  unused Black NOW TV box via Ethernet cable, connected to Internet OK, box processes updates, result Error 009.

White NOW TV box connects via wireless OK.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Use the hidden menu reset process detailed at https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-tv-box/td-p/488878# and if that doesn't work use a pin to reset it using the RESET button hole on the back of the box.

This should update the box to the latest software (takes a long time like up to an hour) and overcome the can't connect to internet through a mobile phone wifi hotspot problem.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I having problems also, like some posters have said its got to be a firmware problem as a new virgin now tv box connects fine but once it updates to latest firmware i cannot access app store as it says cannot connect to internet BUT i can still watch my Now TV subscription so the box is telling porkies.

I'm on Virgin 200mb tried all the solutions given hardwired, reset, changed wifi channels etc etc

Tried hotspot on my  3 mobile thinking it could be my network setup..Nope still no internet

BUT take the bloody thing into work to test and its fine on BT using a 3rd party router

Please sort it Now TV!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I fixed mine, it may help others that are scratching their heads as to why it worked before firmware update not touched anything else but now it doesnt work

At home I'm on Virgin, I have a Netgear Super Hub 2 being used as a modem and a Netgear NightHawk 8000 router, I noticed on the router the DNS was NOT set to automatically get from ISP, changed it to get from ISP automatically and now on the NOW Tv box i get 3 green ticks and i can access the app store.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any idea why not having the automatic DNS setup in the router stops the stick from connecting?

I had been using OpenDNS/Google for my DNS resolution ( manual config settings ) but the stick refuses to connect to the internet - I've gone back to using my ISPs DNS (Vodafone) but it's crazy that this should stop the stick from working!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 009

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Plugged the box in today. I have my router in the kitchen which is the only broadband point. I am unable to connect to the internet with error code 009. What do I do? I can't move the router?
I really hope that given I am already paying the maximum amount for apparently the quickest and strongest broadband that this works! I have teenagers going crazy without WIFI right now!!!!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What is the make and model of your Router ?

Have you tried switching off both the Router and NowTV box at the mains for a minute, then switch on the Router first (give it a minute or so to reboot) then power up the nowtv box.

I believe error code 009 is loss of WiFi / internet connection between your Router and NowTV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for your reply! I'm so frustrated. I've just left BT because I wanted a better signal and now I have nothing!
I'm not sure of the make and model - it's just new so must be up to date?
I've tried everything. Turned them off, rebooted, factory reset. I have 2 BT extenders and that hasn't helped.
My kids are going to throttle me if they have a summer holiday without internet access!
Any help appreciated.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Out of curiosity is your new Broadband provider Virgin and are you using a Virgin Super Hub Router ?

Also you mentioned in your last post BT extenders which i am guessing are Ethernet mini Home Plugs and if so are you using a Now TV black or white box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here's a link to a post about the same error code nowtv staff solved so maybe worth reading

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/NOW-TV-Box-wont-connect-to-internet/td-p/279651

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new topic has been merged into this existing topic about the same subject. Which should contain the answers you're looking for...

Cheers