Occasional Poster

Re: Error 009

I having problems also, like some posters have said its got to be a firmware problem as a new virgin now tv box connects fine but once it updates to latest firmware i cannot access app store as it says cannot connect to internet BUT i can still watch my Now TV subscription so the box is telling porkies.

I'm on Virgin 200mb tried all the solutions given hardwired, reset, changed wifi channels etc etc

Tried hotspot on my  3 mobile thinking it could be my network setup..Nope still no internet

BUT take the bloody thing into work to test and its fine on BT using a 3rd party router

Please sort it Now TV!!!

Occasional Poster

Re: Error 009

I fixed mine, it may help others that are scratching their heads as to why it worked before firmware update not touched anything else but now it doesnt work

At home I'm on Virgin, I have a Netgear Super Hub 2 being used as a modem and a Netgear NightHawk 8000 router, I noticed on the router the DNS was NOT set to automatically get from ISP, changed it to get from ISP automatically and now on the NOW Tv box i get 3 green ticks and i can access the app store.

Highlighted
First Poster

NOW TV Box wont connect to internet

Error 009

SCD
Occasional Poster

New customer

Plugged the box in today. I have my router in the kitchen which is the only broadband point. I am unable to connect to the internet with error code 009. What do I do? I can't move the router?
I really hope that given I am already paying the maximum amount for apparently the quickest and strongest broadband that this works! I have teenagers going crazy without WIFI right now!!!!
Elite 2

Re: New customer

@SCD

What is the make and model of your Router ?

Have you tried switching off both the Router and NowTV box at the mains for a minute, then switch on the Router first (give it a minute or so to reboot) then power up the nowtv box.

I believe error code 009 is loss of WiFi / internet connection between your Router and NowTV box.

SCD
Occasional Poster

Hi thanks for your reply! I'm so frustrated. I've just left BT because I wanted a better signal and now I have nothing!
I'm not sure of the make and model - it's just new so must be up to date?
I've tried everything. Turned them off, rebooted, factory reset. I have 2 BT extenders and that hasn't helped.
My kids are going to throttle me if they have a summer holiday without internet access!
Any help appreciated.
Elite 2

@SCD

Out of curiosity is your new Broadband provider Virgin and are you using a Virgin Super Hub Router ?

Also you mentioned in your last post BT extenders which i am guessing are Ethernet mini Home Plugs and if so are you using a Now TV black or white box ?

Scholar 3

[ Edited ]

Here's a link to a post about the same error code nowtv staff solved so maybe worth reading

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/NOW-TV-Box-wont-connect-to-internet/td-p/279651

**I'm Just a helpful customer**
Champion 4

Error code 009

Hi @SCD,

As you can see your new topic has been merged into this existing topic about the same subject. Which should contain the answers you're looking for...

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •