cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR! Something's not quite right.

So as of 5 days ago i started to have problems with my NowTv box in the bedroom saying ERROR! "Something's not quite right" in a red band that decends after trying to watch Sky Sports news or anything via the NowTv app i gave up after seeing a few things online saying the software is faulty, so i had ordered a new one, 2 days ago (seeing as this box was about 2 years old).

But now to my horror the same thing has started with the other box in the front room, ive restarted, reinstalled several time plus restarted and reinstalled the routers, everything else works bbc iplayer, itvhub, all4, 5.

On my computer Nowtv works fine and its on the same router.............becoming a little fed up with this ****.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, 

we are sorry to see you are experiencing these issues with your NOWTV app on your boxes, have you tried changing the HDMI cables or checking the internet connection as this can affect the NOWTV as well as it streams via the internet. Also you can try checking for software updates 

On your NOW TV remote:

1. Quickly press Home x5, Fast Forward x3 then Rewind x2 in this order.
  2. Select Update Software then press OK.

These instructions can also be found at  http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-011-NOW-TV-Box.

If this doesn't work, try unplugging the NOW TV box and wireless router for a few minutes the plug them back in starting with the wireless router. You'll need to set your NOW TV box back up and once you've done this, go back to the NOW TV app and try playing out again.

OR if this doesn't work try resetting the box 

Hard reset

On the back of the NOW TV box, or bottom of the NOW TV Smart box, press the Reset button for at least 30 seconds (the screen may go blank before the time's up but it's important to continue to hold in the button for the full 30 seconds).

Factory reset

Using your NOW TV remote:

1. Go to Settings and selectSystem.
  2. Select Factory Reset.
  3. Select Factory reset everythingand press the Play / Pausebutton three times.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue that the OP had. This started a few days ago, and my NOW TV black box is barely 2 months old.

I've done a software update, a hard reset and a factory reset as suggested by the NOW TV response, but the problem persists.

BBC iPlayer etc via the NOW TV box is working fine, so it doesn't seem to be the box itself nor my internet or wifi connections.

Please advise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV are blocking Strong DNS, hope that helps.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Sledger

I understand why Now TV does not support Strong DNS but this is not something most domestic users would have, however do you reckon a user in this thread is using this facility?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It could be that this is the reason behind failure of service.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue on one of the two boxes in the house.  The box I'm having an issue with is the original style box.  The new style smart box is working fine.

i have completed the factory reset, forced software update etc and no joy.  As stated above, other services like BBC iPlayer working fine but unable to access anything in the nowtv app on the box.

Please advise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How old is your white box? Mine lasted about two years before it gave in and started to bug. If your newer box is running on the same router and not showing the same error, there really shouldn't be anything wrong.........normally?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same error on the new now TV stick. It's always fine after a reset but it does it every couple of days and is becoming annoying. Especially for my 3yo who just wants to press the kids button and watch something. Does anyone know what the actual cause is?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t know what causes it but I believe the issue sits with Now TV devices. Tonight when I got the error I went into the settings and selected to restart the device. 

This is worked and the error went away.