cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does not connect to wifi from standby since last Update

Hi

I've noticed that since the last update in early Aug that when the nowtv box wakes from standby it does not connect to the wifi. It whirls around for a bit and then takes me to a screen with settings or apps. If I then go to settings and restart from the power menu it connects fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Our tech teams have made us aware of this issue, it will be fixed in the next software update. For now here's a quick work around:

enable device connect in advanced system settings.  Settings – System – Advanced system settings – Device connect – Enable Device Connect

Thanks and do let us know if you have any issues with that work around.

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you able to connect via Ethernet? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

This is not something I can easily do as it's not near the router. But, good point I will see if I can connect it downstairs and see if it has the same problem.

Thanks

J

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem recently. Went to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings and did a Factory Reset. It now works - no more messing around to connect every time I switch on - but BEWARE I now can’t log in to All4! Since the reset it has not accepted passwords despite checking/changing them online etc. Sign in to BBC etc was fine. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a problem with a black box last night it said it couldn't detect wi-fi network and it did it again after power cycle. After checking the other box (box with tv tuner) and putting that back to the home screen and power cycling the other box it worked ok

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous User . Doing the factory reset has sorted the problem. Not too much of a bind with regard to signing into the apps now they make it simpler by using a QR code and authenticating on the web app. All apps working.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Our tech teams have made us aware of this issue, it will be fixed in the next software update. For now here's a quick work around:

enable device connect in advanced system settings.  Settings – System – Advanced system settings – Device connect – Enable Device Connect

Thanks and do let us know if you have any issues with that work around.

Thanks

Simon