cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J1m
Mentor

Disney + app is constantly crashing

Hi, this has only just started happening the last few days, but our Disney + app on our NOW TV box has started to crash. It will last about 30 mins then just stop. We've tried resetting and updating, but it's still doing it. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a way of fixing this?

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@J1m 

All I can suggest is try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Or setting the device back to factory settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
J1m
Mentor

Thanks for the tip, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Turns out it was an actual bug in the app that Disney have now fixed (something to do with an update they did affecting the app).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I confirm this is happening to me.  Only Disney+ app on NOW TV box.  It simply reboots after just a few minutes when stream starts.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you done a factory reset to the box? 

Otherwise you will need to go to Disney directly as it could be the app that needs fixed.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @gavs82008 thanks for commenting.  I have performed a factory reset.  I will see if I can take it further with Disney Plus.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After contacting Disney + I think they rejigged / reset / rebuilt my user file and all is now fine.  This action caused all log in information to Iplayer, ITV, All 4 and CH5 apps to require re logging in as well as Disney +.  I am pleased that all is now working.