cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Issue: reboot after each show/film

I am having an issue on both the black boxes that i have (but not the white boxes) .

After playing a film or tv episode if i attempt to play a second film or tv episode i get the swilry colours waiting animation and it will not play the second thing; i need to exit out of the Now TV app to the customised "Roku" main menu, (normlaly hit home button then now tv button again) and then back to the film or show and it plays perfectly.

The palyback quality is perfect both before and after and one box is on wired and the other is wirelss; so is not an internet or bandwidth issue?

Any advice would be appricated as it is starting to drive us mad!

J

48 REPLIES 48
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Come on now @Anonymous User where's that sense of adventure -  I think you should be taking a leaf out of your own book!!

Sounds like you might be out of contract with Sky Broadband as the Anytime calls package now includes free calls to mobiles as well. Also they currently have a new customer offer of free unlimited broadband for the first year.

I've been with Sky Broadband quite a lot over the years and they are usually happy to match their current offers when you ring up out of contract and ask what deals they have to commit for another 12 months. In fact, one year they offered me free line rental which saved even more, do I'd recommend not mentioning their current offer and see what you can haggle out of them first, and then if it doesn't match the free broadband offer, ask for that instead - and make sure you're put on the updated Anytime call plan.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, pilgrim! 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I don't think @Lindzi ’s looking to switch as such, just get a better deal and a new router to cure the NOW TV blues to boot. But all this info is good stuff, when she rings up and quotes all the reasearch she's done, Virgin should be on red alert and offer her free doughnuts for life to stay!

Mmm, doughnuts! 😉

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Crikey @Andy...You're right!

I've just checked my package on the Sky Website and I AM allowed free calls to mobiles...How the heck did that one pass me by? Smiley Surprised

Your tip of free broadband for a year might help @Lindzi in her negotiations/discussions/gloves off brawl (Please delete as appropriate) with Virgin as well.....Well done,Sir! Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User At this rate, Virgin will end up paying @Lindzi for broadband by the time she's finished! 😄

Now go get those Sky boys, pilgrim, remember calls to Sky are free from your home phone, so what have you to lose! 😉

Yours, Scrooge McDuck!

image.jpeg

Lindzi
Elite 2

Well I have the cable ariel cable coming into the flat and it used to work fine with freeview (must be in the loft as nothing on the roof) but the last time I tried freeview on my TV I only could watch 2 or 3 channels and the rest were no signal. Tried updating freeview by still no joy. Maybe folk in the top flat used the loft for storage and moved the ariel.....although it would be well over 10 years old so would need to upgrade it maybe?

Getting access to the loft is tricky with top flat being rented out but I can ask them for access and see what they say.

It's a 3 storey victorian conversion property, so unlike new builds we have no commual ariel ports so we have to sort this stuff out for ourselves really. Virgin just meant I got TV in living room and bedroom with the least amount of fuss.....but expensive Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @Lindzi

You might be right about the Top Flat dwellers, storing things in the loft but I think that I'm right in saying that they won't have it included on their lease, it remains part of the freehold and is classed as a "Communal Space" like the hall and stairs, so you are allowed access if needs be.

It is strange though, that you can only get 2 or 3 Freeview channels, as with digital signals, it's usually "All or Nothing".....More investigation needed, Miss Marple!Smiley Wink

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  Mmmm free doughnuts! Good idea I will get that in to my negotiations Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous Userwe are currently purchasing the freehold....so I suppose I can do what I like after that Smiley Wink  Nothing is ever simple though is it.

I will go forth and sweet talk Virgin and see what they offer me.....I will let you know.

Thank you for all your help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Attagirl @Lindzi ! 

If sweet talking doesn't work a sound thrashing with a rolled up copy of the "Radio Times" might do the trick. Smiley Happy

If you are currently purchasing the Freehold, well, that won't be cheap so a few pennies off your monthly bill might help when you are talking to Virgin.....As Harvey Keitel would say...."So you're a property magnate....a player".  It goes without saying that the only "Prize Plum" around here is me! Smiley Embarassed (Other Insurance adverts are available)

Tell us how you get on, Lindzi. Smiley Wink

lovebuguk
Scholar

for me the black box works like a dream, but when useing the samsung app i get the same thing reboot after each esp.

+