cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Issue: reboot after each show/film

I am having an issue on both the black boxes that i have (but not the white boxes) .

After playing a film or tv episode if i attempt to play a second film or tv episode i get the swilry colours waiting animation and it will not play the second thing; i need to exit out of the Now TV app to the customised "Roku" main menu, (normlaly hit home button then now tv button again) and then back to the film or show and it plays perfectly.

The palyback quality is perfect both before and after and one box is on wired and the other is wirelss; so is not an internet or bandwidth issue?

Any advice would be appricated as it is starting to drive us mad!

J

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, @Anonymous User that is interesting, I've been scratching my head over this problem with @Lindzi for weeks now as I don't have this problem.  Just to add a bit of weight to your argument, is that because I have the Sky Hub?

Surely, It can't be a router setting problem can it?....Can it? Smiley Frustrated  I've been going down the route of a NowTV programme delivery glitch but hopefully more folk might join in and hopefully prove me wrong.  That way, you might get the situation sorted a bit quicker than waiting for an update.

Fingers crossed!....Totally the wrong thing to say but I hope that you get what I mean....Good Luck! Smiley Happy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

From what I'm able to determine, my Virgin Media Super Hub router is a Netgear VMDG280...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm with you 100% on this one @Lindzi , the old "Watch History" was much better.  I was thinking, the other day that ALL the things that have been "improved" this year...."Watchlist", "Continue Watching", "Watch Now/Maybe Later" and now the mess that is "Catch up" just don't work, do they?

I say "All", but I suppose that many "Under the bonnet" improvements work a treat, it's just that we don't know about them and credit where credit's due to the Boffins for those.  I'm not surprised that you're getting annoyed at all of this but just to change the subject/hijack the thread (Again).....Remember those Sainsbug Choccies that we and @caseyb1993 were talking about, the other week?

They are called "Chocolate Treats" and they are in a round, purple (Plastic) tin with a blue top at £4.00 a go:

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-chocolate-treats-tub-800g-7701501-p-44

The one you both want would be the Lilac wrapped one, The "Double Chocolate Eclair"

Does that make you feel better, Lindzi?Smiley Wink

Aaaaand enjoy!.....Merry Christmas!  

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User you know chocolate actually does cheer me up! Thanks for the tip Smiley Happy

All the 'updates/improvements' haven't worked for me. Although I do use the watch list to bookmark films and box sets that I like the look of to watch when I have the time. 

I will seek out the choccies....Merry Christmas!!!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I certainly do remember Sainsbug's chocolates 😉

We bought one of those said tubs but I am forbidden to open them. Smiley Mad

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @caseyb1993

Go on.....You know you want to! Smiley Wink

Just one of the Lilac ones...just one....Sometimes rules have to be disobeyed....Nobody will know. Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It never ends at just one..... 😉 

Only...10...more....days and then I can rip it open. 😄 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

We have a few threads going about this issue here's just one of them

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Continue-Watching/m-p/403321/highlight/true#M6225

We go off script towards the end! we haven't had any resolution yet....I still have a little bit of hope left
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are running our internet with Virgin Media but have it in modem mode and using a Netgear router.

J

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also got this problem, also reported in another thread, its since the last update for me,  If i didnt know better i'd think sky are pusging people to buy new boxes for xmas and amazinly an update might come out after that, once they have filled the coffers as much as possible from people 

Its highly fustrating and makes the product "unfit for purpose".  Sky, pull you're finger out and sort it out!!