cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Deleted box

HI, I have deleted a device as I want to temporarily stop my daughter from watchig tv but the tv is still allowing Now tv to work on it. DOes it take time to be deleted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you haven't got the maximum of 4 devices on your account, then every time your daughter watches something on the box with one of your nowtv passes her box will automatically re register again back on your account.

Have you got more nowtv playback devices that is yours such has mobile phones, laptops etc that you can add to your account to reach the 4 device limit, then delete her nowtv box off your Device list ?

If your daughter doesn't know your nowtv account details then maybe change your password and either sign out of her box or factory reset it if you can access her box (assuming you are living together).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you haven't got the maximum of 4 devices on your account, then every time your daughter watches something on the box with one of your nowtv passes her box will automatically re register again back on your account.

Have you got more nowtv playback devices that is yours such has mobile phones, laptops etc that you can add to your account to reach the 4 device limit, then delete her nowtv box off your Device list ?

If your daughter doesn't know your nowtv account details then maybe change your password and either sign out of her box or factory reset it if you can access her box (assuming you are living together).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Should have also mentioned that deleting her box off your device list will only prevent your daughter from watching anything with your nowtv passes and she will still have access to Apps such has YouTube etc on the box.

A factory reset would resolve this if she doesn't know your email / username & password. 

If nobody else on here has any easier method from preventing your daughter watching nowtv then maybe see if live chat can assist your further in finding a way to block her nowtv box.

Please note live chat will only assist or help the account holder on this matter.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices