cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Crackling /distorted sound break up EVERY TIME

as the title suggests whenever i use my now tv box and i have 2, (BOTH same issues so i know its a problem with now tv side

the sound issue last for about 15 secs guaranteed at least once or twice an hour, without fail

ive read similer posts about this issue

as now tv fixed this issue or is it still an ongoing problem?

its not my broadband as thats fine and stable throughout, its not my tv , as thats fine, its only when i use now tv the crackling.distortion sound which last for about 15 secs everytime without fail

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, had the same thing for months with my NowTV

Crackling/popping sounds while watching any content. And the occasional loud “digital glitch” sound.

Thought it was my older Black NowTV Roku box... bought the new Stick and low and behold.. still doing it!

Doesn’t do it on any of my other HDMI connected devices or on built in Netflix or Tuner... just NowTV.

Apparently NowTV don’t seem to want to believe this problem exists. 😞
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

It's rediculous they havn't sorted this out yet as it's obviously their end.  As well as the other issues already mentioned including random screeching and vertical coloured lines, as i type this watching UKTV Gold the whole picture is freezing with sound drop outs and coloured lines continously for the past 10 minutes, making it unwatchable, though this isn't happening on the other live channels... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is interesting as a quick look on the Roku forums reveals people saying the same thing..

Which makes me wonder if the problem isn’t with the Roku hardware itself as opposed to it being a NowTV issue... just wish someone could pinpoint the issue either at Sky or at Roku.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why hasnt any of the mods on here or even now tv themselves issued a statement regarding this fault, its pretty clear its an issue with the now tv box itself as numerous people have the same issue

why hasnt there been an update over the air or more importantly on here?

i,m assuming it can be fixed with a system update on the box

or is it that bad with these boxes its unresolvable?

by the lack of reply from the mods i,m assuming its the latter

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

why hasnt any of the mods on here or even now tv themselves issued a statement regarding this fault, its pretty clear its an issue with the now tv box itself as numerous people have the same issue

why hasnt there been an update over the air or more importantly on here?

i,m assuming it can be fixed with a system update on the box

or is it that bad with these boxes its unresolvable?

by the lack of reply from the mods i,m assuming its the latter

Sorry, only just seeing this guys @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I'll send it off and ask if the it has been with the incident response team. Hopefully have word back soon. Can you guys list the devices this is happening on and if its only on Roku based NOW TV Viewing and not PS4, Xbox, Android or iOS. Thanks 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have 2 devices now tv black box, BOTH are exactly the same issues, guaranteed crackling sound for about 15 seconds at least twice an hour without fail

and yes its only when i use the boxes

everything is else is fine so its clearly a box issue

but then you would know that anyway as these issues have been reported to you months ago and still ..........no fix

Anonymous User
Not applicable

also if you look at another thread of the SAME issue on this forum, under the heading

Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary-E

NOW TV Team

"Hi all, this is a known issue, which is being investigated. If you have Series/Episode/Time for any screeches, please feel free to pass them along. "

some 3 months later surprise surprise nothing since

not trying to sweep it under the carpet again are we?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just started using Now TV. Getting the distorted sound through EETV. Resetting the programme doesn't work 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having an issue with the crackling sound on my Now TV only on one of my 4 devices(main TV).  All devices of which is set up via the wifi, so i know it is not the device that is the problem. Therefore, the problem has to be from thier end. So annoying and thinking of cutting my contract short and moving supplier.  Now TV is part of SKY, and I have noticed some SKY customers having the same issue, I will be definately not be going back to them either.