cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Continue Watching

Hi everyone

How is the 'continue watching' supposed to work? For example does it remove a series/film if you haven't selected it in a certain amount of time? I ask as this addition doesn't seem to work very well i.e. I go into my account and it has say 4 progs to watch (all different series) under the continue watching section. I can watch one of the progs and go back into the section to select a different series and it has removed 2 or more series - so it's there one minute and gone the next! (I do hope this makes sense). It is not working in a Netflix kind of a way and seems to remove things from the list at will.

So my basic question is should series that I am watching stay in the continue watching indefinitely (box sets) and if the series is on catch up the most recent should show up in there a day after broadcast?

If yes then it doesn't seem to work for me at all well. I have a Now black box, wireless connection. Ideally I would like recently watched back (in addition to continue watching as this is so unreliable)

Anyone else finding it a bit useless? Other than this I do like Now Tv and am generally really happy with it!

65 REPLIES 65
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

I totally understand where you are coming from, we seem to have exactly the same issues with the CW section, it can't just be us can it? I am surprised that others haven't raised it on the forum.

I will do as you are and wait to see if things improve, if they put back the 'recently watched' section, in addition to the CW, it would be less annoying. Why that was removed and replaced with CW was a mistake in my humble opinion, why can't there be both?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi

No, I don't think that it is just us.  The problem (I think) is that a lot of people don't contribute to community forums such as this, maybe because they don't like to, maybe because they don't know about it.  NowTV boxes don't come with instructions (Hallelujah...See what I did there @Andy ?) and being a bloke, even if they did, I'd just stumble along without reading them!  That means that things should just be simple and that's how it used to be when we had the "Recently Watched" section...This problem has only come to light since the "Continue Watching" update.

Like you, I can't see a reason why we can't have both, I've actually asked for that to be the case, and it could be possible as your NowTV box knows exactly what you have watched...Look at the little orange bars under the thumbnails of any programme that you have watched or even started to watch.

Another problem was when I started to watch "Aquarius"..I didn't like it but of course that was the one time when a programme stayed in "Continue watching" (Typical, Eh?) and I had to "Fast forward" though all the rest of the episodes in the series to remove it.  Under the old "Recently watched", I could have just ignored it

Now then, Cup of tea and a Choccie Biccie? Smiley Wink

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

ha ha that is typical! I started watching the Pelican Brief and got fed up with it and turned it off, luckily the CW only held it there for a week or so and then it disappeared. The only time I was grateful for is uselessness.

Anyhoo, yes tea for me please!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

How are you getting with this now? I have found that most of my series are staying in continue watching but I now have a new issue.....

I am watching for example greys anatomy and when the credits come up NowTV asks me watch next episode or maybe later. When I pick watch next episode it goes to just a black screen. To get to the next ep I have to go to the home page, click nowtv app and back into continue watching.

Any thoughts? It used to work but has been like this for a while now. Maybe I should just give up with this part of the app!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi

To be honest, Lindzi, I haven't had that problem but then again, I haven't used the "Watch the next episode" button that much, lately.  What happens if you watch an episode, ignore the "Pop Up" thingy for now or maybe later and either let the show run out through the credits, or fast forward to the end?  

What usually happens for me is that when the episode has actually ended, the screen goes back to the list of episodes and the one I have just watched has the solid orange "Progress Bar" all the way across under the thumbnail picture.  You can then skip down to the next episode or you can press the "Back" button on the left of the Home button on your remote....That takes you back into "Continue Watching" where the next episode should be waiting for you.

As for "Continue Watching".....Fingers crossed....I'm with you that most series are staying in there but "Supergirl" (Ahem, guilty pleasure! Smiley Embarassed) and "30 Degrees in February" failed to go in last week.  There are a lot of returning shows coming up which are favourites of mine (Braquo, Blue Bloods and Elementary to name a few) so we'll see how it copes then.

As far as the Black Screen issue is concerned, let me just try something.......... @Andy  "Help!!" 

The Guy is a genius when it comes to problems like that Smiley Wink

I hope that you get it sorted Lindzi.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User
Thank you for coming back to me. If I leave the prog to run to the end and, as you say, it goes back to the list sometimes when I try and select the thumbnail of the next ep nothing happens and it doesn't play. So it's back to home screen and restart the app.

Oh well I think it's time to give up on it for now and just use the my watch list instead. Hopefully one day it'll work as it should.

Thanks again!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @Lindzi

Now that does sound as if something has gone wrong.....I'm not much help when it comes to the serious "Techie" stuff but the only other thing that I could think of working would be the old "Unplug the thing, leave it for a few minutes and plug it back in" trick.....That might just kick-start something.

Hopefully Andy might be able to shed some light when he hears my cry for help (Thanks in advance @Andy )

This one really has me stumped, Sorry Lindzi Smiley Sad

I really hope that you get it sorted, nice to hear from you, by the way Smiley Happy

Lindzi
Elite 2

Now that you've mentioned it @Anonymous User I have had to re start the box a couple of times recently so maybe the box is on it's way out.

Thanks for letting me sound off about it, you're good folks on here! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, no problem @Lindzi

Before you do anything drastic, I'll try the "Watch next episode/Now" thing later tonight.  I've got the last two episodes of "Braquo" to watch before the new series starts, later this week, so I'll give it a whirl, the way that you have described and get back to you.

At least you'll know if it is a fault with the box/software/Hamsters that drive the little wheels inside it, or something that's affecting others...That would be me Smiley Wink

Anyway, I promise to report back...See you later (Tomorrow at the latest!!)

TTFN Smiley Happy

Lindzi
Elite 2

Ah thank you @Anonymous User that would be great