cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

Continue Watching

Hi everyone

How is the 'continue watching' supposed to work? For example does it remove a series/film if you haven't selected it in a certain amount of time? I ask as this addition doesn't seem to work very well i.e. I go into my account and it has say 4 progs to watch (all different series) under the continue watching section. I can watch one of the progs and go back into the section to select a different series and it has removed 2 or more series - so it's there one minute and gone the next! (I do hope this makes sense). It is not working in a Netflix kind of a way and seems to remove things from the list at will.

So my basic question is should series that I am watching stay in the continue watching indefinitely (box sets) and if the series is on catch up the most recent should show up in there a day after broadcast?

If yes then it doesn't seem to work for me at all well. I have a Now black box, wireless connection. Ideally I would like recently watched back (in addition to continue watching as this is so unreliable)

Anyone else finding it a bit useless? Other than this I do like Now Tv and am generally really happy with it!

65 REPLIES 65
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi

What it should do is display the next available episode of any shows you've started to watch. When you click the next episode it will play straight away. If you get part way through it will remember your place for next time, or if you get to the end of the episode it will display the next episode ready for you.

If it's a current catch-up series (ie. a brand new season rather than an old complete box set) and you are up to date (i.e you've watched the latest episode) then it does disappear from your list, but when a new episode becomes available it then appears in the section again ready for you to watch. This might explain why some of your shows appear to vanish. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Andy

It doesn't work like for me, a few examples,  Shades of Blue - new episodes, one week it went into continue watching the next week it didn't. Bear Grylls prog -  I had 2 episodes to watch and was in there one minute and gone the next (i.e it was there when I first woke up the box, watched a different programme and when I finished said programme Bear Grylls prog had disappeared) .

Half watched episode of the Walking Dead was in there one minute and gone the next.

So box sets and catch up do not work at all well! At least with recently watched I could see what series I have been watching and not miss any new episodes.

If it is working for others maybe I should do a software update? If I can request this through the box?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

Don't do a software update! There' s an issue with NOW TV boxes at the moment, so I wouldn't try doing anything to the box for the moment, it might not like it!

Funnily enough Shades of Blue was one of the shows mentioned by @Anonymous User in this thread here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Watchlist-and-Continue-Watching/td-p/394786/highlight/true/page/3

where he was having trouble getting the Continue Watching to work. I'm not sure if things are now working for him or not as he hasn't posted for a while, but you might like to have a read of the thread, keep an eye on things and see how it goes. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

Ah good point! I will leave things well alone.

Thanks for the link to your other thread, it seems to be the same problem so maybe it will get sorted out at some point. I do let the episodes play/FF until the end thinking that would help but no joy.

I just don't see the point of the continue watching if it removes episodes/box sets at will, before you have actually watched them.

Thanks again @Andy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi you're right! although having said that I've not seen any other people mentioning a problem on the forum. I'd suggest you add any shows you like watching to your watchlist as well so at least they are fairly quick to find if they drop out of the continue watching section.

And then perhaps update us in a few days with how things have got on? I can always give one of the staff a nudge if it needs looking at for you! 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

Yes good idea @Andy, I will def do what you suggested. The CW has always been hit and miss for me since it went live and just thought that the kinks would be ironed out eventually. I am only moaning as that has not been the case.

I mean it's not the end of the world is it, but changes/updates should be a step forward not backwards Smiley Happy

I will give a while and see what happens with it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi

Yes, as my amigo @Andy says, I have been having the same problem for, possibly about two months now.  As I have said a few times, I've resorted to pen and paper to keep a check on when programmes should go into "Continue Watching".  It makes perfect sense to me, when you say "It's there one minute and gone the next" as that perfectly sums the problem up.

As @Andy says, I haven't posted about this for a while as we were waiting to see if an update was made or if it sorted itself out and I was leaving it for a few weeks but it's just the same.

"The Last Ship" (Now finished) never went in to "Continue watching"...."Shades of Blue" just made it's own arrangements, sometimes it went in, sometimes it didn't.

As I understand it, when I watch  a "Catch up episode" of a programme and it is in "MyTV" the next (A week later) episode should go into "Continue Watching"...And STAY there, until I have watched it, however, this rarely happens.

As an example of what you are saying, I always watch "Chicago Fire", it is in "My Watchlist", airs on Thursday night and so from Friday Morning it should be (As I haven't watched it) in "Continue Watching".  Last week, that happened and it stayed there, unwatched until Sunday when I watched "30 degrees in February"...It was there when I started watching "30 degrees" but had disappeared when that show ended and I went back to "Continue Watching".  So I then had to go into "My Watchlist" to find "Chicago Fire" which I should have been able to watch from "Continue Watching".

If you are still with me after all that, then well done but it's not easy to explain is it?

Like you say @Lindzi , it's "A bit useless"....Unlike @Andy !!!!! Smiley Wink

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User nice to hear from you again.

It's been a bit empty in the Church of NOW TV lately, to be fair! I'll have to do a raffle or something I'm thinking!

When @Lindzi gets back to us I'll give one of the team a shout see if something can be looked into some more. Gotta have faith! 😉

image.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy

Yes, you're right....I'll tell you what, if I sweep up the Tumbleweed and supply some biccies, you get the kettle on and we'll have the place full in no time!! Smiley Happy

OK everyone, let me hear you say "NOW"