cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Continue Watching section

Is anyone else having issues with the Continue Watching section under My TV? On my two boxes (one black box, one smart box) programmes are disappearing from Continue Watching after just a few days. If I log in on a browser however, everything that should be there is.
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You never let me down @Andy , Great meme but the peas have to be mushy and must have white pepper and vinegar on them......Mmmm, tasty!Smiley LOL

These days, you can count the number of programmes that I watch on NowTV on one hand.  OK, I will:

1) The Walking Dead. (Back on Monday, Folks!)

2) Chicago Fire.  (Although, I am getting a bit fed up with it and watch out of some kind of loyalty or habit)

3) The Orville.  (Probably the best new show in years!)

4) NCIS  (Not as good as it was, but still has it's moments)

5) Bull  (Clever and well written)

So, come Friday night, I expect Chicago Fire and The Orville to be in "Continue Watching" and, guess what?...They are...Hurrah!  So I watch Chicago Fire, go back to "Continue watching" and what do I find?....The Orville?....No, I find nothing apart from "Let's get started" Smiley Mad

Later last night, Bull went into "Continue watching" (Aired Live at 10pm - Into NowTV at 11pm) but NCIS didn't (Aired live on Fox before Bull).....Just checked this morning and it's gone, without me watching.  That means that although I have a "Continue Watching" section I have to go and search for the shows....AGAIN!  The obvious place to search would be in "Catch up" but NowTV changed that to a holding place for "Viceland" and "SyFy" yonks ago so any newly added shows go in way down the list.

This has to be frustrating and annoying for users, especially new customers of NowTV, many of whom, I guess, don't know about this forum and suffer in silence or just give up.

I don't take this personally, you won't hear cries of "Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it infamy!" coming from the North (OK, you just did, sorry about that Smiley Embarassed) but it is getting a tad much when, after all this time, NowTV can't get the very basics right......."Catch up and on demand".....No, it's not!

Blimey, when I go off on one, I really go off on one, don't I? Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, nothing is going to change but I thought that I would post, not to moan, but to try and give examples for other users who might be experiencing the same problems and to show that they are not alone.

If you haven't given up and are still reading this, thanks for sticking with me and I will wish you all a fond farewell.

Take care, Folks and all the best! Smiley Wink

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hey Abe

Glad your back and doing a bit of soapboxing, that's cool.

Soapboxing.png

Until next time, keep those home fires burning.

Peace out.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

Hi Bob, how's it going?

Soapbox?.....Me?....As if!!!!! Smiley Wink

Looking at that photo of me....I really must buy a comb. Smiley Surprised

Take care, Matey. Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I'm here, I'm here!! Please don't go!! 😉

I see you love The Orville! Definitely one of my new favourites. Seth MacFarlane is a treasure! 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993  "Hey-hey, there she is!" (The only Orville quote I could think of, sorry)

Hi Casey, how are you?  Yes, The Orville is my favourite show at the moment and you're right, if Seth MacFarlane can bring us that and act in it at the same time, then he actually is a treasure.....And I got all gooey about him without Rob Lowe being around! Smiley Wink

Now then, if I could only get it to stay in "Continue Watching" until I've actually watched it........

Take care, Casey and all the best. Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I love how Scott Grimes is part of the show! Another treasure as I love him in American Dad! 😄

All the best to you too! 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"As a viewer, when I watch an episode in a series I want the next episode to appear in my "Continue Watching" section so that I don't have to search for the series and find the next episode manually. "

Let's get that coded up. 

Currently it takes me to the last 3 minutes of the episode I already watched and I have to faff about. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure if I’m posting/replying in the right place in this forum but I use the now tv app on PS4 and this whole week my whole ‘continue watching’ has completely disappeared which is very annoying and now I just realised a show I watch has dissapeared from ‘my watchlist’ as I kept having to go there to search for where I left off in my shows as ‘continue watching’ has gone. I don’t know if other shows or movies have also dissapared that I might of forgotten about now as I have a lot on ‘my watchlist’. And when I went on to add the show back to my list it keeps not doing it, i click to add and it goes back as if it’s removed again, why can’t I add it to my list again? Why do these annoying problems keep occurring? Paying money for your services when this stuff keeps happening is pretty fustrating, I already thought having no subtitles on basically all you’re content with no warning was pretty bad as well, but haven’t brought that up before, why doesn’t anything have subtitles as well? But sorry, to the topic, when will these current issues be fixed??

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

Me too!! On the LG and Samsung app. I have spoken to live chat but not getting anywhere so far.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Continue-watching-tab-has-disappeared/m-p/491760#M7413