cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connection issues

I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue as us. Our Internet connection will drop several times a night, and has done so since our broadband account started with NowTV in the beginning of the year. I've never had this problem with any other provider, but chose NowTV due to offering a better package and better speeds. Live chat is disabled due to COVID-19, and I can't seem to find any other way to contact the company. Last attempt before I stop paying and go back to a previous provider. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could try this below where it may or may not help in anyway.

It worked for me on a couple of devices where i was getting random drop outs over wifi, though it won't help if the Router is losing the actual incoming internet into your home. 

Once setup i would try the 2.4ghz wifi Network first on your NowTV Router (assuming you have the Hub 2 not the older Hub 1)

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could try this below where it may or may not help in anyway.

It worked for me on a couple of devices where i was getting random drop outs over wifi, though it won't help if the Router is losing the actual incoming internet into your home. 

Once setup i would try the 2.4ghz wifi Network first on your NowTV Router (assuming you have the Hub 2 not the older Hub 1)

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it.

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've followed the steps and have two separate networks now, will see if this solves the issue, thank you for advice. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem and would like to know if the solution has worked for you if poss? I have tried Wired and Wireless. Both are problematic with erratic disconnections for 20 seconds up to 4 hours. I have had Outreach engineers round to fix it 9 times. Each time it was fixed but only for a couple of weeks. I was using a windows 7 PC with a wired connection and got really fed up with the problem so in Dec 2020 I bought a brand new Windows 10 pro HP PC and after 3 weeks the problem came back with drop outs and long disconnections so a NowTV agent recommended I buy an Edimax wireless dongle which I did. That worked OK for 3 weeks and the last couple of days I woke up to no internet. I have tried every wireless channel from 1 - 13. I am now back to wired connection which I know from experience will go wrong again when it feels like it. I have had a replacement hub which made no difference at all. Engineers have said they are baffled. I hope someone can take the time to help me out as this is driving me half insane.

I can not find an option to do the following "uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aye, the solution worked for me, took a moment to work my way around the steps in the other post as I'm no very tech savy, but it did work for myself.