cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting a Now tv box to Alexa

Hi, I've recently got an echo dot but i cant find Now tv in skills. Is it possible to connect Alexa to it and if so does anyone know how please?

Thank you 😊

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

None of the NOW branded Sticks or NOW branded streaming Boxes have Alexa integration as far has i know (might be wrong because i don't use Alexa or any voice recognition service).

I haven't really looked into it or read up on it, but the full blown Roku Players offer Alexa control in some capacity having a quick read of this linked Roku Help Guide article below.

https://support.roku.com/article/360017961074 

Cal22
Advocate

Can connect by using Alexa App ,go into devices on App ,you will see echo devices you got on list, quite simple to follow, will ask about connecting to wifi..or if you need to change because different wifi servers which you have changed to, will help by instructions , to change via bluetooth from phone , connecting,  opening your wifi from phone. Then it will automatically register once you put in the network into the Alexa App ,you are using will ask password .then your all set up. 

Basically register you internet network into Alexa App 

RoyB
Legend

@Cal22 

Yes, that’s how you set up an Alexa device, and I have several working. But can I control Now via one?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.