cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confused - existing Sky customer

Hi, I already have a Sky box I subscribe to but bought the NowTV box with 2 months of Sky Movies as I do not have this on my sky subscription.

Can I set the NowTV up alongside sky on the same tv?

Will I need to cancel my NowTV once the 2 months of sky movies run out - I assume they'll start charging me a monthly fee otherwise?

I have been reading up about it but it's still not clear.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its an independant service... so they will bill you after the included package ends...

SkyUK dish users all readly have a IPTV services Called "TV from SKY" "Sky go extra" and "Skygo" that run on devices...

This service remains independant... for those with out access to/can't have Dish services... 

The NowTv service Is a very cut down version of whats included free with a SkyUK dish sub with different T&C to allow hit and running from the service...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

With any package on NowTV you should cancel once you are within a month of the voucher/payment ending.

So if the expiry date is, say, 26 January you should cancel after 27 December - you will still be able to watch the package until the expiry date.  Do not cancel further ahead than this, and don't leave it to the last few days either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So will it work on my tv with sky? Or do I have to set it up in a different room or on a different tv?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It will work with any tv that has a spare hdmi socket.  You will need to create a separate account than your Sky one, and also with a different email address. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

One assumes your Sky box connects by HDMI cable and NowTv box connects the same way. If you have multiple HDMI ports you can just select using remote. Box doesn't have switch

Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User Now is a good addition to either Sky or Virgin for movies. It costs less and no long term contract.  As others have said you need a free HDMI port for the Now box.  I have mine via a splitter and it works fine.  One thing you may not be aware of with Now is you can have up to 4 devices, meaning if you want to watch a movie in bed you can with a Chromecast, second box and various other devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.