cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Colour on the tv screen are inverted

Can anybody help? The colour on the screen is inverted. Happened for no reason and stays the same when watching anything.
I've tried all the usual stuff, switching off etc. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's on the home screen and all apps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If it's not too much trouble could you post a picture on here showing what's happening ?

When you say inverted, do you mean the picture is showing upside down on your TV screen when try to watch on the nowtv box ? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you watch a different TV show does the same thing happen ?

Also, is this happening when on the nowtv homepage or using any other Apps on the box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure I know how to post a pic!
Basically the colours are like a negative.... black is white etc.... tried to watch the Simpsons and the colours were freaky.....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's on the home screen and all apps.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable, swapping the box onto a different HDMI port directly on your TV ?

Is there any setting on your TV picture mode that offers some sort of black and white picture which as been accidently triggered ?

Also try going into the box settings under system, display and change the resolution to 720p to see if that makes difference. 

If that fails perhaps try factory re setting the box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box

Edit ~ What happens to the picture on your TV if you watch a normal Freeview channel or when watching a different device on your TV, say for example a DVD player.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ppps ressed accepted solution by mistake....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, it turns out it's the TV itself which had the problem! I had just assumed it was the NOW box.

We did some cable swapping then unplugged the TV and all is well again.

Thanks for your help!