cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael
Advocate

Channel4 oops something gone wrong 008 error on now tv black box.

If you are getting the "Channel 4 oops something is gone wrong error 008", on Now TV's small black box, you will need to press the reset to factory settings at the back of the box. It's hidden so you will need a small tool or  cocktail stick to press it. You will need all of your passwords and login details for everything that you previously used. This is because you will have to re-login to all your apps as all of the apps will have been reinstalled.

I'm not Technical, so obviously I take no responsibility if it goes wrong, but doing this has solved all of our problems.

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Michael 

I’ll have to use a cocktail stick then 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Yaz

I did different way to solve the issue, go to App Store and remove 4 and restart the device by going setting -System-Power-System restart and go back to add 4 in App Store.

RoyB
Legend

@Yaz 

Well worth trying before @Michael‘s more thoroughgoing fix; a lot less effort if it suffices.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ChrisD
Advocate

I don’t know how To go to the App Store on the Now to box. Can do it on my iPhone but the problem is with the Now to box

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ChrisD 

It should be relatively straightforward according to this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @ChrisD 

It isn’t 😢

When you are in Now on the Now Stick, it isn’t obvious how you get anywhere else, and the link above assumes you already are somewhere else.

But to get there, you exit Now by pressing the left arrow at the top left on the remote, perhaps several times, confirming you want to leave Now as you go, until you find yourself in the standard Roku Home Screen, from where the third option down is the App Store you seek.

ChrisD
Advocate

Thank you very much. I removed the app then installed it and it’s working! 

RokuSky
Scholar

Definitely worth trying Michael's fix first!!! This error generally indicates an issue on the C4 side so there *shouldn't* be a need to reset the device.

RoyB
Legend

@RokuSky 

Are you sure you didn’t mean @Yaz‘s fix first? 😢