cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Channel 4 app not working

Not been able to access the Channel 4 app for past few weeks, just says 'this is embarrassing' and displays an error message. I've checked the system and everything is up to date and I've tried turning the box completely off and back on. Any suggestions? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try removing the App under My Apps by highlighting the App and pressing the star button on your NOW remote, then re install under Apps Store? 

This worked for me with the All 4 App which I just tried on my Roku Stick.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have just checked the All 4 App on my Roku Stick Plus and getting the same message "Well this is embarrassing something not working. Please try again in a few minutes" with an error code All4-008.

Might be a widespread problem with the App using Roku / NOW.

Going to pop over to the Roku Forum to see if there is more reports.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, can you let me know if you find anything please?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Having a quick look on All 4 Twitter and over on the Roku Community Forum I couldn't see anything that was recent.

To be honest I don't use All 4 and was only curious reading your post if it was happening also on my Roku Stick Plus.

Perhaps get in touch with All 4 using these contact details in the link below.

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us?my_message_is_about=All+4+-+on+demand+website+and+apps&i_watch_all_4_via=Roku&nature_of_issue=General+information&my_message=Error+codes?my_message=Error%20codes 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another person over on NOW Twitter has also reported the same fault today.

The NOW tweet reply was to contact the App developer ie All4 direct.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try removing the App under My Apps by highlighting the App and pressing the star button on your NOW remote, then re install under Apps Store? 

This worked for me with the All 4 App which I just tried on my Roku Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yay that's worked. Thanks so much for your help!

UserS1
Mentor

I tried this but to no avail...

UserS1
Mentor

I tried removing the app and re-installing but still get error and doesn't work. After re-installing app worked until you try to view a program and then it asks you to sign in. When you sign in error message displays again and still doesn't work.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@UserS1 

Get in touch with All4/Channel4 using the method in the post by @schnapps 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help