cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Channel 4 app ‘Live’ not on box but is on stick

Hi

i have a Now box and Now stick on different TVs  in the house. The channel 4 app on the stick gives me the option to watch live. But the app on the box doesnt.. why?!

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of Black Box owners have mentioned this in the past.

Here's one example on the subject.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/All4-App/m-p/526081 

So out of curiosity i just dusted down my old NowTV Black Box and updated to the latest software version and my box shows the live channel 4 TV channels inside the All 4 App (didn't try testing the live channels because off the top of my head i couldn't remember my All 4 login details).

Out of curiosity what's the software version number of the All 4 App and have you tried removing the App and add the App again in the box Apps Store ?

Perhaps try a forced software update on your black box as well.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Yes. I already did try updating the box software as well as deleting and reinstalling the 4 app. I’ll give your force update a go!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok - forced software update didnt make any difference 

4 app is version 4.0.54

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I have a small NowTV black box which has 'All 4' live channels working.

App version is 4.1b21 from 18th June 2020.

IMG_20201118_121355.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats interesting, as the newest version of the Channel 4 app I can get is 4.0 ... whereas you have 4.1

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would be tempted to try a full factory reset on your box if you still subscribe to any NowTV passes.

The only dilemma i have suggesting a factory reset recently is that some customers are having trouble re activating their box / stick with the six digit activation code that pops up on the TV screen (even if they have an active pass on their account).

And you may be at the mercy of NowTV live chat to help you out.

Another concern is if you haven't got an update bank card or removed your details from the NowTV website account, the NowTV system because you don't use the NowTV App and NowTV subscription service anymore it now seems to ask for your personal details again to reuse the box /stick.

I am sure it never did this in the past, though i have done loads of factory resets on various NowTV branded devices but each time i always had an active pass on my account.