cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing wifi password

I have tried to change my Wi-Fi password, but when i put in my username and password in to do this, it won't let me log on? Is the username and password the one that is written on the back on my router box? Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you want to change your SSID name or WiFi password on your Nowtv Router, then when you go into the router settings via your url address bar Internet browser. 

Then the username and password are admin & nowtv. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you want to change your SSID name or WiFi password on your Nowtv Router, then when you go into the router settings via your url address bar Internet browser. 

Then the username and password are admin & nowtv. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much, all done

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help me I don’t know what all that means. I’m evidently not very technical so could you dumb it down for me as now instructions are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Some people prefer to use their own WiFi password on the NowTV Router rather than the password given on the ID information label on the bottom plate of the Router.

I just leave my WiFi password that was the default password supplied with the Router.

If you want to change the default wifi password then perhaps try these instructions below (if you are not that technical minded, then maybe it might not be a good idea to play around with the Router settings).

With your internet browser url address bar type in 192.168.0.1 where the router settings webpage will appear on screen.

Once the Hub Router settings page opens, select Wireless tab, then if you are asked for the username & password use admin & nowtv.

Where in the Wireless section you will see your current password in a box towards the bottom of the screen, type in your own preferred password and click on the apply button.

Make sure you keep a note somewhere safe for your new wifi password used on your NowTV Hub Router.

A factory reset of the Hub Router should default the wifi password back to it's default settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem with my Now box wireless password. The internet browser url address  192.168.0.1  to change the password  is not working is there another one ? 

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't no how too change my WiFi password 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where is the router settings 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

They are generally under 192.168.0.1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to change my WI-FI Network security key but the links to the website to change my key does not work? How do i get to the website?