cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Change the Network name on now tv box

Hi, does anyone know how to change the network name of the now tv box? I have x4 boxes & my kids stream through the boxes to watch movies from their tablets, but they get the code of the box & not the device name that I have called them when they try to connect & this can get confussing when all x4 boxes are on at the same time. thank you, Jon

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, does anyone know how to change the network name of the now tv box? I have x4 boxes & my kids stream through the boxes to watch movies from their tablets, but they get the code of the box & not the device name that I have called them when they try to connect & this can get confussing when all x4 boxes are on at the same time. thank you, Jon

This guide should help

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices

Go into My Account, select manage devices, there you should see an option to rename your devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the reply,

I have changed the device name in this section, but if you try to stream through the box it only displays the 12 digit serial number for the box, when trying to connect, it would be helpfull if it did display the name I have changed the device to display. thanks for your help. Jon

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

What casting app are you using on the tablets?

I know on the android AllCast app you can definitely change the name of the device by pressing and holding the list of boxes the app finds during the WIFI network search.

Not sure about all the other various casting apps that are available on the market.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Opening this old case rather than starting a new one... 

I've bought a secondary NowTv stick and casting/controlling apps like YouTube are a pain... For example. 

Stick 1  "Now TV - 12345678"

Stick 2 "Now TV - 13245687"

I renamed the sticks in AllCast but that appears to be cosmeti.

The roku app is control as far as I can gather , and US at that for Google assistant. It's therfore not suitable to rename the device using roku, which could have been an option.

Renaming on the website is just to keep your account in order and would not help with this functionality. 

Appreciate the help. 

Thank .