cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot link Black Box to Internet

Just joined Now TV.

Have Now TV Broadband and I have a black box, given to me but it works. 

I keep trying to put my wireless password in but it does not get excepted.

I have paid for a TV pass and have had no use from it whatsoever.

HELP !!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried going into the NowTV streaming Black Box Settings then select Network, then Set Up Connection, then select Wireless then select your Network name (you will find this information on the bottom of your NowTV Router where it should start with NOW) then once you selected the network name enter the password which is again is on the bottom of the Router and the password is case sensitive where from memory all letters are in capitals.

If that doesn't work can you run an Ethernet cable between the NowTV box and Router ?

Last resort you could try factory resetting the NowTV streaming box, by pushing a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the NowTV streaming box for about 30 seconds.

Should you factory reset the NowTV streaming Black box you will have to setup the box again from scratch including entering your NowTV account details (assuming you already have one with an up to date bank card on the NowTV system).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

I have the correct NOW TV internet name and password, all in Upper and Lower case as shown but it doesn't recognise the password, Goes to error 114.50.

I will try and hard wire with an ethernet cable to night .

Thanks for your help 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the person who gave you the NowTV Black streaming box factory reset it before giving the box to you, then you won't find the information about going into the Network settings in my first reply paragraph.

Should you be stuck, then try the wireless password again from underneath the Router where all letters are in Capitals and just make sure you don't get the O or zero 's mixed up.

If no joy, try another factory reset on the NowTV Black streaming box.

Hopefully an Ethernet cable will overcome the above.