cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot connect to wifi with password for Virgin Hub

I have a Sumsung smart tv, 2014.  Bought a Now box, mainly for Sky Atlantic programmes. Trying to set it up.  I have a good wifi connection but when I am asked to put in the password to my Virgin Hub router, it is not being accepted.  I ahve treid various possible passwords- default etc.  But nothing is working. I cannot get further into the process of connecting with this problem.

Anyone have any ideas.

By the way, my Virgin Tivo box is connected to HDMI 1 socket.  With the Now box, I have to go to Source and turn tv on to HDMI 2 to get a connection to the Now box.  Not sure if this is relevant.

13 REPLIES 13
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  to be honest ethernet is better where possible as it doesn't need a password and doesn't go funny because you use the microwave!  Let us know how you get on once it is hooked up.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Coming back to this problem a  month later!.. Sent back original box.  Eventually bought a very long ethernet cable and put it under the house.  This improved the quality of ALL4 which had been a major problem.  Got another Now box on offer and thought it would be simple to set up. However, though the ethernet cable is in the Now box and router, it says that no ehternet connection can be found. The WIFI connection still needs a password which is not being recognised so I cannot get into NOW tv this way.

I did buy the power adaptors but they did not work either!

Have reset the NOW box and have done the secret fix.  Not made any difference.

Cannot get into the advanced settings of 192.168.100.1 - only able to get in to change my password.  This new password is still not recognised when I try to connected by WIFI.  Cannot get into the other 2 sections about WIFI and other devices so cannot get any further with this either.

I have an Apple Time Capsule, connected to my Superhub by a relative.  I am not sure if this is interfering with anything.

Recently 2 visitors were not able to connect to my wifi using the password on the router either.

Going round in circles.  I think it will be Netflx for me if I cannot get this sorted soon! 

Any ideas would be welcome.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Coming back to this problem a  month later!.. Sent back original box.  Eventually bought a very long ethernet cable and put it under the house.  This improved the quality of ALL4 which had been a major problem.  Got another Now box on offer and thought it would be simple to set up. However, though the ethernet cable is in the Now box and router, it says that no ehternet connection can be found. The WIFI connection still needs a password which is not being recognised so I cannot get into NOW tv this way.

I did buy the power adaptors but they did not work either!

Have reset the NOW box and have done the secret fix.  Not made any difference.

Cannot get into the advanced settings of 192.168.100.1 - only able to get in to change my password.  This new password is still not recognised when I try to connected by WIFI.  Cannot get into the other 2 sections about WIFI and other devices so cannot get any further with this either.

I have an Apple Time Capsule, connected to my Superhub by a relative.  I am not sure if this is interfering with anything.

Recently 2 visitors were not able to connect to my wifi using the password on the router either.

Going round in circles.  I think it will be Netflx for me if I cannot get this sorted soon! 

Any ideas would be welcome.

Hi @Anonymous User

What devices were the visitors using that could not connect either?

Thanks

Aaron

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User

I am not one of techy stuff so please accept my apologises if this sounds like I am stating the obvious, but I have Virgin BB too and when I go to connect my devices to my WiFi the device brings up all my neighbours WiFi too (most of which are also Virgin)

As your Samsung is successfully connected by WiFi could it be that you are trying to connect to your neighbours Virgin WiFi instead of your own? I have accidently tried to connect to someone elses WiFi before as the hubs have all very similar names.

I just thought it may be a simple thing and is about my limit of assistance Smiley Embarassed

ps At the weekend I set up a second box using ethernet cable and Virgin hub and at the beginning it said no ethernet connection found, but there was a search connection (or something along those lines) option and it sorted itself out straight away.