cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't use my sport pass

Hello

I have a black NOW TV box.  I have a direct debit set up for the Entertainment pass (although to be honest with you I never use it now I have Netflix and Amazon Prime).  Today I bought a sports pass for a week.

Tried to watch the Liverpool Leeds game but it keeps just going back to the Now TV homepage.

I have tried unplugging the box and the wireless router - no difference.  I have restored the box to factory settings - no difference.  I definitely have a pass for Sports, but it just won't let me watch anything Sports wise.

Very frustrated.

Can anyone suggest anything else?  I have checked and it lets me watch television channels, so it's not an internet issue.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if this workaround gets you running (excuse the pun 😀).

https:/ /community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Sky-sports-not-working/m-p/540547#M7988 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much schnapps - that worked!

You've been more help in 5 minutes than any official NOW TV customer care has been in the past 2 hours of frustration!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've bought sports passes in the past, and just went straight to the channel and started to watch no problem.

No idea why I had so much trouble this time - unless it's down to the fact that I never use NOW TV anymore.

But thanks again!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There seems to be a bug with the NowTV and Roku devices when customers buy a Sports Pass and attempt to watch the Sports Pass for the first time where it bumps you back to the Home Screen Page.

The bug did appear a couple of months ago, but i assumed NowTV have fixed it, because at its peak there was loads of people reporting it (not so much recently).

I know you missed most of the Liverpool Game, where NowTV have a Catch up service, where hopefully the Game will be added within 24 hours (not ideal and maybe speak to NowTV and submit a complaint for missing the match live and ask for some form of compensation).

Should you want to watch the Game on VOD, use your smartphone or mobile NowTV App or PC, start watching the Game (if or when available on VOD) then you should be able to pick it up on your NowTV Box or NowTV Stick under the Continue Watching section.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the exact same problem so hope someone has the answer