cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't access second NowTV box?

Hi,

I've just bought a second NOW TV box, a black one, having already owned an older white box for a few years.

However, I'm unable to add this box to my account.  It's powered up, recognised and connected to the router OK. However, after I type in my username and password, whilst it's accepted, it then goes to a page to verify that I'm not a robot, for me to enter a 6 character code. After this, I get a 'Something went wrong - we're working on it' error, every time.   

I try the nowtv.com/setup area, to register the box as an existing customer (as i have paid up passes already), though this requires me to enter the code for the pass that came with the box to continue, which of course, it won't accept as I already have one.  

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the second box up and running?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Like you i was under the impression you could either use your username (which i always do) or your email address (where i have read dropping the @**************** part of the email does work sometimes on certain devices).

The main thing is that you have sorted it out 🙂😀🙂.

Well done (would suggest you tick the accepted solution on your own post how you managed to resolve it) which may help further nowtv forum members who comes across the same problem setting up their new nowtv box 👍👍👍👍👍

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you got any active nowtv passes on your older white nowtv box ?

What happens if you factory reset the new nowtv black box by pushing a pin in the reset hole at the rear of the box for about 30 secs where you will see the Lets Get Started on your TV screen.

Then re enter your wifi and nowtv details again that you used on your white box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes - I've got active passes running on the white box.  Will try the factory reset now on the new one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update:

I've done the factory reset, and gone through all the procedures again, entered all of the details etc. but still get the exact same 'something went wrong - we're working on it' message:(

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you using any special characters in your nowtv account password such & / + % etc or are you using just letters and numbers ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just letters and numbers (4 lower case letters, 4 numbers).

It gets passed the username and password screen, but the error occurs on the subsequent security  page where is asked you to enter the random letters displayed on the screen.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unless anybody else on here has got any ideas, then your best bet might be live chat.

Open the link page below and click on the grey drop down arrow below "Anything Else" to reveal the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for your help.  Just tried Live Chat - they reckon it's a fault with the box, and have told me to take it back to the shop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've fixed the problem.

It seems that the NOW TV website can be accessed by using either username or email, (using same password) but the Now TV box cannot - it requires a username only, but NOT the email username (despite the screen saying that it accepts both).

At least it's working now

🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Like you i was under the impression you could either use your username (which i always do) or your email address (where i have read dropping the @**************** part of the email does work sometimes on certain devices).

The main thing is that you have sorted it out 🙂😀🙂.

Well done (would suggest you tick the accepted solution on your own post how you managed to resolve it) which may help further nowtv forum members who comes across the same problem setting up their new nowtv box 👍👍👍👍👍