cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone with a black box try an experiment?

Getting increasingly frustrated with Now TV. First white boxes were taken out of service, then Smart TVs started playing up, now my black box won't behave.

Could someone with a black box trying searching for Gold Divers? You should find that season 5 is split into 3 parts (for some weird reason). The third option down should be the first third of the season. However whenever I go into that folder my box resets back to the home screen (I'm trying to watch episode 3). I'm trying to figure out if it's just my box or Now TV that's the problem!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User just tried on mine and the same happened so not your box.

One work around I got to work - open the NowTV app on a mobile device, watch the first 30 seconds of the episode, exit out of the app and then start your box. You'll find the episode in your Continue Watching and it should play fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User just tried on mine and the same happened so not your box.

One work around I got to work - open the NowTV app on a mobile device, watch the first 30 seconds of the episode, exit out of the app and then start your box. You'll find the episode in your Continue Watching and it should play fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I hadn't thought I'd trying that! My mobile is the only device that hasn't been playing up recently!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Izzie-T can you pass that on to the tech team to look at?

If you try to open the bottom two 'season 5' folders in the attached image, the page opens for a few seconds but you then get kicked out to the homepage.

IMG_20201117_231256.jpg

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Saint1976 

Can I please confirm if you have done the basic troubleshoot for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. 

The Gold Diver Season 5 have 3 folders, not 2, which is a layout arrived from Discovery that we cannot adjust. Each of them has a different ep, if you really cannot open it after the troubleshoot, please let me know is eps of folder you are able to play.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Izzie-T yes gold divers has 3 folders for season 5 as you say but the bottom 2 of them will not play on mine or the original posters black boxes.

The bottom 2 folders of season 5 open for a brief moment to display the episodes in those folders but if you try to select any of those episodes it causes the black box to reset itself.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Saint1976 

Please can you confirm you have done the troubleshooting step.

And which folder that you are able to play, or tell me which ep you can play please?

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Izzie-T yes all troubleshooting has been done.

The top folder of Season 5 (episodes 7-16) opens and each episode plays.

The next 2 folders of season 5, neither plays. If you select any episode from those 2 folders it crashes the box. See attached GIF. Apologies for the poor quality but the attached file size has to be under 5mb.

20201118_130938.gif

Watch as I select the second folder of Season 5 and then go across to the episodes - the box crashes and goes to 'my apps' screen.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Saint1976 

Sending this to our tech team for looking into now.

Thank you.